1 2

#1August 19th, 2007 · 01:11 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Ruby

This song is not in a battle

This is extracted from a bigger piece I am working on.  I doubt I'll ever upload that here, but this is pretty much complete by itself.  It's a little different, but I'm proud of it.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 19th, 2007 · 02:59 AM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
nice
this is pretty cool I like the arpeggio piano with the added strings they compliment each other nicely.
Did you play the piano on this ?  Sequencer ?  I like the cymbal accents in their too ..lots of nice little touches  in this song  great job.
#3August 19th, 2007 · 05:54 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Thanks!

I can't play the piano---rather, I don't have the technique to play the piano this well.  I originally composed this on and for guitar, but it just didn't work for me.  I transferred it into Guitar Pro, exported to MIDI, import into FL Studio, and then arranged and assigned instruments there.

What cymbal accents can you hear?  There are 4 instruments here, a FM Rhodes-style organ doing bass, the piano, a cello and a violin.  If I'm right, I think you're hearing what is a very well done piano sample's resonance.

Glad you liked it though, thanks.
#4August 19th, 2007 · 08:31 AM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Hey, this piece got me singing to it and I have to say it wasn't that bad a melody. . It is made for vocals with a very melodic (but sometimes atonal) vocal line. Great job. What is the bigger piece like? I wish you could post it when finished
#5August 19th, 2007 · 08:39 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Thanks, appreciate it.

A vocal line never even occurred to me.  If you want to take a stab at it, be my guest.

The bigger piece is structured like a symphony, but I'm looking to sell this.  The off-chance that a contract might require no previous exposure is enough to stop me.  If I don't manage to find someone to buy it off me, then sure, it'll be up here.
#6August 19th, 2007 · 09:43 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Beautiful Piece
Gotta agree with JBP - I can definatley see vocals on top of this with maybe a few small changes here and there.  And I love the cello and violin you used...beautiful sound.
#7August 19th, 2007 · 01:26 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
This really good Avi.A bit to symmetric on the piano melody but awesomely constructed.Strings and piano resonance indeed work great with the main theme and add great color to this piece.Is there a way humanizing the piano like you would do for drums when you adjust velocities?Anyway I would much enjoy a listening peek at other movements of main piece if not even the full version if and when possible.

Bravo!!!!

Marino
#8August 20th, 2007 · 12:06 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Thanks Kobeshi, M.

Kobeshi---I use a nice soundfont that is basically a direct replacement for your soundcard's MIDI patch.  That's extremely useful because when I import or play with MIDI files from other programs, it's nice to maintain the same context throughout different programs in terms of instruments.

M---Yeah, you can humanize anything in the SS or PR in FL Studio.  This piece was imported from a MIDI file, and the original notation had emphasis on certain notes which you can here, but individual tweaking isn't there.  I agree that it should be, but I'll put that in at the end.

Thanks!
#9August 20th, 2007 · 03:17 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
This is elegant!  I love how the strings come in!  Unlike a few others, im not hearing vox on this!  I say keep it instrumental!  It feels like a soundtrack, perhaps for a montage.  When I hear it, I see images.  A break up scene?  A girl walking along a riverbank...  reflecting on love lost?  Perhaps even in black and white?  I dont know!  It got to me though!  Just awesome!
#10August 20th, 2007 · 03:19 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Great review minds, thanks bro.  Yeah, I picture this as soundtrack material.  I appreciate the positives, thanks!
#11November 15th, 2007 · 12:30 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
wow...
DUDE!!    

I mean   

W O W

Very awesome...  I love it....  The strings are incredible...  Dude, the compostion is top notch...  This is seriously good.. I need to download this..

JimK
#12November 15th, 2007 · 12:38 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
This is really nice...Its short yeah...But its still awesome....very well put together...nice use of FL...just a small Loop added to the song and some nice lyrics and vocals and you have a hit song here....this is really nice... good work AV

Flyer

Will Rate
#13November 15th, 2007 · 01:53 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
JimK and Flyer, thanks a lot.  I'm glad you liked this. Nice blast from the past.
#14November 15th, 2007 · 03:29 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
well, i really like it. the orchestration is great and melody lines are just captivating. i would keep it instrumental, but i would get someone to play it on a real piano. it does sound like all the notes are of the same velocity. im no expert, i just think a song this good deserves the real thing, especially if you want to sell it. but really brilliant work.

well done and good luck with the selling

Ian
#15November 15th, 2007 · 05:51 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Thanks Ian, glad you liked this.  I know what you mean about the lack of authenticity, but I don't know pianists, and I don't trust anyone to do this if I am not standing there while it is being played.  I just have to go through it and work on it on a note-by-note basis.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 8:17 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.