4 threads / 4 songs
12 posts
Finland
The path

This song is not in a battle

It has been a while since I last uploaded our music,
so let's give it a try. There are just acoustic guitar and vocals in this song,
and I hope you guys could give some advice or opinions where to
take it from here, and also if you like it or not. Thanks.

.Lauri

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 17th, 2007 · 05:54 AM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
very cool ..I love the sound of the vocals and the harmonies are tight and fit well.. the guitar is well recorded ..imho this song could either be left alone or you could kick in with a full band after the first chorus to fatten it up .
 I like this song a lot the melody line is nice ....dark... but nice..
#3August 17th, 2007 · 02:53 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Well commented bt gtr1960

Nothing to add.

Will rate

Denis
#4August 17th, 2007 · 03:10 PM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
Simple and pleasant
Enjoyed the harmony singing. Strummed guitar worked well. Other instruments (as in full band) could have come in at 0.45 or 1.09 point. Singing was a little muddy, slightly hard to make out lyrics. My personal preference is to be able to understand all the lyrics. This does not detract from enjoyability of song.
Yes, I like! I kept hearing a chorus without lyrics and kind of glassy sounding fingerstyle guitar overlaid, or maybe solo electric instead. I think other instruments (if any) will determine which way to go.
#5August 17th, 2007 · 03:39 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
This is really good.Love the harm and the fill on the song!
Really nothing to ad except the small swing on the timing between  the 55 and 1 00 min mark and the vocal bends after the 2 10 mark sound a bit choked.Regardless this is awesome material!!!!Full votes !!
#6August 17th, 2007 · 08:19 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
30 posts
United States of America
nice harmonies, this sounds like one of those songs that i like to listen to in my car late at night by myself
#7August 21st, 2007 · 07:01 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Commercial indy nailed
.radio frindly 2
Yup tight guitar and the vox are spot on harmonies 2 
I really like this one
good work
more?
will rate
#8August 22nd, 2007 · 04:24 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes! A very nice simplistic song, lovely melody and nice harmonies.
The guitar is very simplistic but it works well.
I could agree with Stringbreaker about the 'muddy' vocal except that (I presume) the vocalist is Finnish and not English and therefore I think she's done an excellent job of it.
You ask as to which way this song could go, I'd say many ways, the 'all-out band' coming in at about 1:00 sounds like it could be mind boggling!
Yet keeping the 'celtic' 'earthy' feel of it and developing it that way sounds as mind blowing!
I actually did expect a bodhran to come in at one point.  

What's going on at 0:35 it sounds absolutely amazing, like a bass bend, but it's WAY too low in the mix,
sounds like an Indian tabla.... there you go yet another direction !!! lol

Yes dark and haunting yet not dark and haunting !!! It's off to my playlist anyway, cheers.
#9August 22nd, 2007 · 06:20 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
You can have an accent and sing clearly---I think the muddiness is a mixture of bad recording and unarticulated singing.  For the record, I think the timbre of the vocals is beautiful.

I wouldn't touch the arrangement, except I'd love to hear a solo.  The recording quality isn't good enough for "radio play".  The tone of the guitar isn't what it could be, and the vocals are a little dry.  The harmonies are unbelievable.  Fantastic mix.  Ends a little abruptly.
#10August 22nd, 2007 · 07:28 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
There is a Jefferson Airplane sound here...a good thing...Shades of Grace Slick

Nice vocals

Flyer

will Rate
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 16th, 2024 · 11:57 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.