#1August 16th, 2007 · 04:07 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
34 posts
South Africa
You in Blue

This song is not in a battle

This is a draft.  It needs a classical voice, which I don't have (yet :-)).  Also the synth keyboard is a bit annoying, but my playing is too ragged at the moment to give a live performance.  Maybe in a few months.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 16th, 2007 · 04:13 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
34 posts
South Africa
PS
Lyrics also need work.
#3August 16th, 2007 · 04:30 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I liked your vox where you hit the higher noes around 2 mins mark, nice emotion there, a little more like that in the song would be nice.

Why dont you just try a live performance now, I would love to hear this live, dont leave it too late. perhaps one week with 10 mins practice per day.

This a nice song.

Will rate.

Denis
#4August 16th, 2007 · 06:04 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
What do you mean you don't have a classic voice!!!!????

How old are you? And what happened to Leonard?
My singing instructor at the time, told me to sing in the same way that I talk, in the same tone range. I was at the time concerned that I seamed to hit a song too high and as the song progressed and I sung the story as it were it would reach a point where I'd be struggling to get the melody and range right.
So instructor instructed : start with the voice you know best.
I'll draw a paradox between this and your Leonard style, when you sing and play in that Leonard C way that you do it sounds like your holding something back, that there's more behind the voice, some suspense, it is so 'talked sung' that the music and the magic is within the expectancy of what the voice/singer will do, or could do. 
Where as this piece sounds like a scene from Shrek, where this Massive green killer machine monster sings a lullaby to his loved one! 
I hear a strong male voice trying (too hard ) to be soft and 'cute'.!
I think it's well sung but it's not your best side!
#5August 17th, 2007 · 04:40 AM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
superb song
this one is great ... I love the chord progression in this especially when you lead into the higher vocal part.  this is  outstanding writing plus I  like the lyrics alot!   again gets a very high vote
#6August 19th, 2007 · 02:17 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Dude what a good voice!No only that the feeling and depth of your timber give it a recognizable sounds.Sounds like lullaby!Man this a really good any chance of a better production??It deserves it!
Dude you have some range.You should develop and exercise your voice more, its really good but it can be great!!!
Good musical skills on the instrumentation.You play Sax,or is it sampled?
#7September 17th, 2007 · 07:30 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
34 posts
South Africa
Yup it's my sax.  My main problem is with the piano.... any good piano players want to give this a go?
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 8th, 2024 · 10:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.