1 2

#1August 14th, 2007 · 12:34 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
BandAmp Swing

This song is not in a battle

I had great fun puting this one together.

It really started out as a Jam, for the first time ever I the first track I put down was the lead, I must have been mad.

Cheers.

Denis

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 14th, 2007 · 01:34 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
who programmed the drums? cool really
lovely walking bass
my fingers cant keep still
jammed a bit on piano. great feeling thank you
#3August 14th, 2007 · 01:52 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
who programmed the drums? cool really
lovely walking bass
my fingers cant keep still
jammed a bit on piano. great feeling thank you

I used a pre-set rhythm for the solo and bridge and taped out the start on the pads.

Funny I was thinking of adding a bit of piano, but It would have too much hard work for me.

Glad you liked it.

Cheers

Denis
#4August 15th, 2007 · 04:23 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Ahhhh this brings back memories of a jazz bar I used to go to, where anyone could get up on the stage towards the end of the night and jam...leading to some great 'never-to-be-recorded' jams (nearly like this one had you not recorded your lead haha!). 
Considering this was a jam, did you have a metronome going when you first recorded the lead?  I only ask because it sounds like the backing drums are on time, yet I can never seem to get that to work with software drums without actually recording with a metronome playing.
#5August 15th, 2007 · 04:32 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Kobeshi wrote…
Ahhhh this brings back memories of a jazz bar I used to go to, where anyone could get up on the stage towards the end of the night and jam...leading to some great 'never-to-be-recorded' jams (nearly like this one had you not recorded your lead haha!). 
Considering this was a jam, did you have a metronome going when you first recorded the lead?  I only ask because it sounds like the backing drums are on time, yet I can never seem to get that to work with software drums without actually recording with a metronome playing.

I use the alesis sr-16 drum machine midi to my Yamaha workstation, which is synched to the sequencer, so I'm able to jam to it without recording it.

Cheers

Denis
#6August 15th, 2007 · 05:27 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
is the lead on a seperate track to the rest, i think its worth redoing the lead just to make it sound abit neater, and a piano would be ace, but it would have to be virtuoso playing. u could get someone else to collab on it?.
 otherwise, very groovy.

jazz bars are great.

Ian
#7August 15th, 2007 · 07:08 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Dennis
This is awesome!
Man is this good or what.You are amazing!!!
Fun
fun
fun indeed!
#8August 16th, 2007 · 07:16 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
Dennis
This is awesome!
Man is this good or what.You are amazing!!!
Fun
fun
fun indeed! :D

#9August 17th, 2007 · 04:26 AM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
nice
very cool jazz piece... the backing music is so well done that like stated before maybe redo the lead part to blend it just a bit more... it's still damn good though... gets high vote
#10August 17th, 2007 · 09:23 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
SirBorris wrote…
is the lead on a seperate track to the rest, i think its worth redoing the lead just to make it sound abit neater, and a piano would be ace, but it would have to be virtuoso playing. u could get someone else to collab on it?.
 otherwise, very groovy.

jazz bars are great.

Ian

Yeah, after I mixed it, I realised the lead in the mix was too low, so yes I can raise it.

I think TK was tinkering with the Ivories, I can play a bit.

If any body want to have a go the key is CM7/6

Cheers

Denis
#11August 18th, 2007 · 06:28 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Must agree with Marino, this is really good.
Love the drum track even more that I know it's programmed, very good work.

Picture the scene, Its Saturday morning, I have a shit load of administration to do, so I've stuck all your music in the top-player, and thats me! 
I love your music Denis your just so chilled, its so consciously present but in NO way obtrusive!
#12August 18th, 2007 · 11:03 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Must agree with Marino, this is really good.
Love the drum track even more that I know it's programmed, very good work.

Picture the scene, Its Saturday morning, I have a shit load of administration to do, so I've stuck all your music in the top-player, and thats me! 
I love your music Denis your just so chilled, its so consciously present but in NO way obtrusive!

Hey Kings,

I love you comments, they hit the right note everytime.

Cheers

Denis
#13August 22nd, 2007 · 04:52 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
love the brassy stabs, really good stuff, good quality recording, production is good, like the reverb on the guitar and the levels are fine, nice tune, not your best, but still enjoyable to listen to waiting for more...
#14February 20th, 2008 · 07:45 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
fantastic. A slip up or two here and there but a great groove. "my fingers cant keep still". Love the horns. It just needs someone snapping his fingers.
#15February 20th, 2008 · 09:42 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
It just needs someone snapping his fingers.
And maybe some scat?
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 19th, 2024 · 3:57 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.