8 threads / 7 songs
83 posts
Venezuela
Musical Frames
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 11 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-10

Metal/Fusion Instrumental song.

Made for my solo project as a keyboardist.
Enjoy

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 7th, 2007 · 12:49 PM
20 posts
United States of America
Happy
I like this, very cool, more than I thought I would from your description.
It reminds me of Sonic CD somehow (You know the Sega game, not some obscure band )

Love it
T'ra

EDIT 17th August 2007: This track inspired me to play all the Sonic games again and have just noticed at about 1:20 it sounds a lot like the scrap brain zone level music, just saying, I'm now going to carry on playing (and getting drunk while I'm at it, as you do when you play games)
Still loving it to bits.
#3August 7th, 2007 · 01:40 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
not bad man really not bad.

like the variety of instruments. good choose
#4August 7th, 2007 · 01:55 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
The bass sounds.....really unrealistic It's moving unnaturally fast, sounds like 64 bit music on my gameboy.

Cool tune, though.
#5August 8th, 2007 · 11:57 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Man last time I heard music like this was in a huge shopping mall akusaka tokyo.
Went bac a year later and they were still playing it .....royalties must be huge.
They'd love this in Japan.
Fast and fantastic...
Real arrangements yeah
i like  2 
#6August 9th, 2007 · 06:34 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Very Impressive.Is everything written and programmed by you.This really awesome.Reminds me of the key solo parts on Malmsteens Rising Force.I also though i heard a bit of Latin syncopations and movements.Anyway great job!.
#7August 16th, 2007 · 03:10 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
83 posts
Venezuela
Thanks for all the responses.
Marino: Yeah, i programmed everything and made all the song myself. The only things recorded are the lead guitar and the pianos. And yeah, near the last part there is a salsa arrangement of the main part of the song. Since i'm latin and i play salsa, merengue, and other latin stuff in my band i thought it would be cool to give it a shot in the song and practice my skills on it a little bit.
#8August 19th, 2007 · 02:35 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
JorgeBoscan wrote…
Thanks for all the responses.
Marino: Yeah, i programmed everything and made all the song myself. The only things recorded are the lead guitar and the pianos. And yeah, near the last part there is a salsa arrangement of the main part of the song. Since i'm latin and i play salsa, merengue, and other latin stuff in my band i thought it would be cool to give it a shot in the song and practice my skills on it a little bit.
Cool man welcome aboard I'm also a proud Hispanic (Boricua) with deep admiration for my musical culture and roots!
#9September 24th, 2007 · 11:44 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
The bass really was competing with the guitar at the very begining and it was way to busy for my attention.

You were playing both extremely fast. There was a note at 0:09 that you bend and play around with that seemed out of scale to me. But I am new to scales in general so it might be inscale.

When you return to the busy bass at about 0:50 the guitar is going alot more paced and it was great combination. Much more clean then the begining. At 1:00 you drop the bass (almost entirely, if not entirely) and I thought that was the best song till the guitar came back. The scales you play in after that seem just a little bland. (comeing from someone who plays alot of blues and jazz that must mean absolutely nothing, haha) Then again. I listen to alot of metal bands much like dimmu borgir, oldmans child - and they take a newer harsher look at playing metal.

And that is what I first thought of when I heard your guitar. Some Hairband. It isn't bad, but just where I am at in the genre it seems a little played.

at 3:00 in you mix a piano with the guitar and it didn't make any sense to me in the song as a whole, or as a subsection. I was just confused untill it cleaned itself up and played with the bass... then I felt it was still a bit off (but again, much improved. it sounded the best at 3:30. Very classical. I loved the pause/mute and subsequent high notes at 3:35.

I think you put way to many good concepts into this song, and it made it fail because it is all competeing. However, my favorite part of this song is the conclusion, its really dramatic. Ok, peace.
#10October 1st, 2007 · 05:22 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Hmmm  pretty tight...you record well my friend...this is top notch...sounding good on my speakers...I like the music....reminds me a lil Of Emerson,Lake& Palmer...also Yes

Nice work here Jorge

Flyer

Will Rate
#11October 1st, 2007 · 05:50 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
I like the South American reverse rhythm  at 3.10,..and overall:more like a potpourri , then a song,..but as it is it sounds wonderful!
#12October 1st, 2007 · 05:59 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
83 posts
Venezuela
Thanks guy, and flyer, just the piano, the strings and the saxophone were recorded from my keyboard, the rest are all virtual instruments/Synths played through the keyboard. But thanks for the feedback.
#13October 8th, 2007 · 08:28 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
31 posts
United Kingdom
this reminds me most of Ayreon mixed with dream theater its very very cool! loving the fusion of styles in there good choice of sounds aswell REALLY prog i love it!
#14October 16th, 2007 · 07:38 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
Awesome.
This song had my full attention from start to feeling! Great work!
#15October 19th, 2007 · 12:18 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
83 posts
Venezuela
Samuel: Damn Ayreon and Dream Theater, that's a explosive combination. Thanks for the comment
shinaube: Thanks man.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 7:27 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.