This song is not in a battle

a special song just for you

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 4th, 2007 · 05:06 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Nobody's posted on this song?  Well, I'll go first then,

The recording quality is horrible..the bass drowns out all the other instruments, the drums sound out of rhythm what I can hear of them, the crescendo part is a swarmy mess of noise and static, the vocals need some tonal work.  It sounds like you just hung a mic in the corner of your garage and recorded onto a ghetto blaster or something.  If you recorded this better I'm sure it would sound more like a song.  I hope I don't sound harsh - I'd really like you to do this better if possible, then I'm sure you'd get some more helpful feedback. Cheers!
#3September 5th, 2007 · 04:10 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
practise makes perfect guys. 
 i like your use of dynamics (from what i can hear of your song that is), and u got some good bits in there, but the rhythm goes out and screaming isnt my style .

you know its really easy to record decent quility these days. just get a multitrack recording program on someones laptop, and record it track by track.

hope the gig went well

Ian
#4September 5th, 2007 · 04:26 PM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
I take it this was recorded at the gig?   this is pretty good for probably just a mic out in front of the band.
 Live bass usually drives out front more cause the wave is so much longer and omni directional (mostly)
some spots need some work but overall it's pretty good ..you play your style well ...
hope you continue on and keep at it ..you'll get better as you go ,,especially if you gig a bunch..

the quality of the recording detracts too much to give it a real high vote . but I still like the song
lands in the high 70 to 80% range ... mainly do to production and some timing issues.
 I vote
greg

PS keep up the good work and maybe record with a computer or good recording unit.
a real good demo will do wonders for a band
maybe studio recording ( but make sure your music is knats ass tight)
#5September 8th, 2007 · 09:53 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: Blinking City Lights
bladeograss wrote…
a special song just for you

Cheers that's really kind of you! 

I'd say 'you' (or one of you) needs to sit down and open Pandoras box of software! lol
Get into recording tracks separately and take it from there.
You have a space to record , use it well with intent! 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 9:39 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.