#1August 5th, 2007 · 10:43 AM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
A little night music

This song is not in a battle

Arrangement of a famous Mozart piece for synthesizers. A lot of early classical music has always seemed to imply delays and echoes even though the equipment did not exist at the time. Then again, you could call a church organ a pneumatic synthesizer as it uses stops to change the harmonics.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 5th, 2007 · 11:34 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
I wouldn't call it an arrangement, as I am used to listen to a collection of many voices.
In your case I can only hear 1 instrument and an echo. The sound is brilliant by the way and it is played excellent. the notes are right on the spot, ok... midi hmm

I would love to hear a full arrangement of more synthesizer voices. an image of sound. a soundscape. does this happen one day?
#3August 5th, 2007 · 11:36 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Awesome!!!!!
Love this man ,This is crazy stuff.Mozart one hell of a music genius.Some many notes arranged in suck a beautiful way.Love how you worked the legato sounding notes in(Pitch bends).You're pretty good with this
#4August 5th, 2007 · 11:48 AM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
TritonKeyboarder

Don't praise playing, thank sheet music for that. I use piano roll because while I have good keyboard skills, these pieces demand better than I can do (still practicing though!). I work on tone color and voicing because that's what I am currently able to do. I absolutely plan to do expanded arrangements as time and equipment permit.

The echo is incorporated as (when a teenager) I spent a lot of time playing electric guitars through an Echoplex (long since broken, alas) and I've always loved the echo of a piece transforming the melody. Playing a melody  then playing in the inbetween steps as the melody echoed was my favorite musical game.

Marino - thanks for kudo's. Mozart is one of the best classical musicians, pieces are timeless. It's all the ears for the "arrangement" - I use the term in the sense of placing different instrument/mix for unchanged melody.
#5August 5th, 2007 · 01:34 PM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
well now..
I like what you've done with the arrangement!
Good Job!!!  I am partial to Mozart 40.. but
agree that he and Ludwig has to be the best
two of all the classical masters!!!
 Thanks for adding this.. very kewl!!

Dan
#6August 5th, 2007 · 03:17 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
hey...
This is pretty cool... I was wondering what you were talking about as far as classical arrangements.. I can say this could be alot of fun..Just think what you could do with some of the more realistic synths. It would sound awesome..

JimK
#7August 5th, 2007 · 05:33 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Ok this is nice.. actually like it better than the Bach's arrangement, I can see more of you on this one.  Still, I'm getting the image of you trying to get into Mozrt's mind with a synth in front of you... and that's not a very nice image for me.
#8August 5th, 2007 · 11:07 PM
14 threads / 9 songs
90 posts
United States of America
Once again, the echo makes me feel as if my brain is working (I should probably rephrase that...working harder.) I've heard that listening to mozart increases IQ, the added echos makes it feel as if my IQ just went up; it just seems to stimulate a lot of thoughts on the music. I like how you did this piece, combining old school and new school, it sounds really cool. 
#9August 6th, 2007 · 02:12 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
24 posts
Canada
nice effects good tune
#10August 7th, 2007 · 06:28 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
wow
This is very cool,, kinda makes me think of puppets post in a another forum thread, about if the actual  composers had computers, what would they have done or come up with musically

Nice job ..
#11August 7th, 2007 · 09:40 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Killer!  Very complicated! I cant imagine what the piano roll must look like!  You should shrink it up and take a snapshot and post it! I bet it looks crazy!  Good job, man.  A tad 8-bit sounding but I love the delays! Excellent touch!
#12August 8th, 2007 · 09:05 AM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
Harder than it looks...
This was taken from a 4-hands piano arrangement, so I actually have 4 piano rolls in FL Studio with the different parts. FL Studio currently will display one roll at a time. I am using the same .vst "instrument" for each part,which gives the unified sound. Experimented with different voicings for each part, but nothing has worked nearly as well. If I get sheet for an orchestrated version, I may try again.

The 8-bit sound is due to the settings for MP3: Highest quality export, but if I used the .wav setting it would be many, many megs big. If you know of a better conversion utility than FL's included, let me know. Unless it costs $$$ of course
#13August 8th, 2007 · 09:28 AM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
You've inspired me to pursue a rendition of Beethoven's Moonlight sonata....I suppose I best get to work on it.
#14August 8th, 2007 · 10:33 AM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
Best of luck and...
I would love to hear the result. I have thus far not attempted anything by Beethoven due to sheer intimidation. I have sheet for "Fur Elise" by Beethoven but I spend too much of my time just staring at it. And that can be a killer when you are using owl time and postponing sleep. I have several failed attempts for Debussy pieces - "The Engulfed Cathedral" loses something in translation every time. I have an OK version of "Reverie" which I may post if I can get the balances right. "The Snow is Dancing" I have been hammering at for months and it still doesn't work right, and I don't understand why. I suspect I have all the dynamics wrong. Maybe if I kill the file and start from scratch...

In case you missed the point, the only reason what I have sounds so good is I am only posting the best of the best. I must have 40 or so attempts I have rejected. This is why I wish you luck even though I think your work is superior. The material is often ungrateful and I am sure some of it just doesn't LIKE synthesizers. I often can't tell in advance if it is going to work at all. I spend a lot of owl time doing this, and it is due to an obsessive nature that I keep on when most of it fails.

Don't give up. Even if foredoomed to failure, many of my failures taught me a lot about how to arrange. The Moonlight sonata is beautiful, to say the least. And I suspect that it may show new colors when rearranged...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 5:03 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.