#1August 5th, 2007 · 10:18 AM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
EchoWing

This song is not in a battle

A scratch mix. This attempt was to use the echoes of the melody as a basis for the rest of the piece. I am planning to rework this when I have a bit more owl time.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 5th, 2007 · 10:25 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
The intro really reminds me of a solo I saw by Bryan May when he performed live at sheffield a few years ago with Paul Rodgers (great DVD of the concert). 

Im not sure what genre you would put this in, but its definatley unique - not like anything ive listened to before for sure.  I like it, although Im not so sure of the instrument you use as the lead...sounds a little...artificial (???) for me.  Im not sure what exactly you would put in its place, just doesnt sit well with me.

As you say though, keep reworking this one.  Its a great idea.
#3August 5th, 2007 · 10:49 AM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
The lead line
The artificial quality is, of course due to the fact that I had to use synthesizers to create it. My budget allows me to use freeware vst's and little else. I would have preferred to use an actual harpsichord like I had access to over a decade ago, but I wouldn't even have room for such a thing in my flat. Pity. When I have access to better microphones and a sound card that supports them I will start incorporating live guitar and keyboard lines. But for now, it is Dancing Bear music - you know, it's amazing the bear can dance at all, not how well it does...
#4August 5th, 2007 · 11:12 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice job.I hear some classical scale modes ,they seem to work really well in the pattern you have chosen. It those need a break a bit earlier at least a breath from the kick pad sound.Also a bit repetitive in the sequenced pattern.Still a really crisp and clean sound. What software do you use??
#5August 5th, 2007 · 11:26 AM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
FL Studio based...
You're right about the overuse of the Kick Pad - I am still learning how to use drums at all. Originally built without any drums but was lacking something. This is the why of asking for help on this one. Also needs a break somewhere in the middle but haven't yet found appropriate contrasting melody.

FL Studio is the program and I like the freeware String Theory 1.5 vst. It is a physical modeling synth. There it a bug that will not allow really low notes to play properly, but the price is right 

The crisp, clean sound is due to my letting the MP3 resolve with as much quality as I can stand to wait, which means getting coffee while it renders.
#6August 5th, 2007 · 11:32 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Yeah I have string theory is pretty good! You need to meet Minds at play is awesome with FL,his moving right now but he will be back.
#7August 5th, 2007 · 10:52 PM
14 threads / 9 songs
90 posts
United States of America
I like the echo effect in this, it makes it one of those songs that you have to think about while listening to it.

It does sound fake, kind of reminds me of something that might be on a playstation game. I think it would sound better with the real instruments added in when you get around to it. Great concepts in this. 

Just an idea, but maybe a violin could be added in? But like I said though, that's just an idea.
#8August 6th, 2007 · 02:19 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
24 posts
Canada
nice echo effect
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 7:50 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.