#1August 5th, 2007 · 10:12 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Time Creeps By
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 7 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-08

This one was written while I was working in switzerland over the winter one sunday.  Sundays were typically spent tired out, in bed in the hotel we all stayed in, often hungover, resting in a semi-concious state, but blissfully happy somehow as time kept creeping on by...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 5th, 2007 · 10:58 AM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
Sweet chill track
You spend serious time working on the tone color of these compositions! I listen to a lot of chill tracks on Internet radio and this is worthy by any standard. Intellectual greed demands I inquire what you built the pads in, but I understand if you don't want to answer. I'd love to hear more like this one!
#3August 5th, 2007 · 11:06 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice drum beat.I can see it as healing music after those hangovers.Nice spread in the mix.Main pad a bit loud though.Anyway good job.Good vote!
#4August 5th, 2007 · 02:44 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Pads
Thanks for the feedback!  Now you say it Marino, I see what you mean by the main pad being a little bit too loud.
Stringbreaker - I use FL Studio, and if my memory serves me correctly (I made this one about 8 months ago now) the pads are all from the Sytrus generators pack.  Most of my stuff I do using Sytrus in FL studio, just because it allows you to be so flexible and modify the instruments a great deal.  Unfortunatley though I only have a fully-featured demo of it...meaning I can mix everything using Sytrus down to mp3 but can never save the project files   $400 is a bit out of my college budget haha.
#5August 5th, 2007 · 03:12 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
hey...
This is very relaxed....  I like it alot...  The pad has already been addressed, so, I will just leave you with this,

I think you have some serious skills with FL, and would like to hear more.. Check your mailbox, I am gunna pm you something...

JimK
#6August 9th, 2007 · 01:46 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
United States of America
This song is making me very lucid. Semi-reminds me of a futuristic game track. Definitely great music to lounge too.

I love that the music gets built on to reflect the title of the song. The difference in volumes of the bells gives me a feeling of water - which adds to the lucid mood.

Definitely A class.
#7August 15th, 2007 · 10:46 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
6 posts
Canada
The mood in this song is incredible. It’s very clean and minimalist. I like how your percussion is a little more complex than the other instruments; it really pulls the song together. I dig it!
#8August 16th, 2007 · 11:07 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks again for the feedback - glad you like the percussion because that is one element I was always a bit unsure of...as in I wasnt sure whether to simplify it or make it more complex or vary it more.
#9August 16th, 2007 · 11:51 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Very nice! Puts me in an introspective mood.  Very chill.  Are you sequencing those drums? Very nice work.  Good mix!  Choice!
#10August 17th, 2007 · 12:04 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
yes i like this...its defo chill out...could imagine you have a whole cd of this stuff..brill.x
#11November 3rd, 2007 · 07:53 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Time Creeps By
i missed this first time past............................. (sorry)

you hav a firm grip of sequencing.................
levels a bit out balance fer me in this trak.................sweeps a bit less?.........

using fl???

splash

the fish
#12February 21st, 2009 · 10:47 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Very nice and chilled , for sunday morning coffee , actually booking some tickets for moto grand prix bikes in nagoya as am listening , really suits the mood .
Sparse and tasty .
Y

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 1st, 2024 · 5:48 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.