#1August 5th, 2007 · 03:29 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Bandamp Blues
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 10 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-12

due to the overwhelming amount of doomsday posts going on lately, and the incredible amount of bomb shelters being built, I thought I would bring a little calm to the storm.. and bring you this little bluesy concoction.. I hope you enjoy it..

JimK

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 5th, 2007 · 03:32 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Lyrics:

well everybody says Bandamp's in really bad shape,
THe site is goin buggy, and there aint no escape..

Well, I am here to tell you as a site admin,
That bandamp is as strong as it's ever been..

Well, It's Bandamp, THe site of all sites, oh yeah it's Bandamp
it's all alright... oh yeah, the code is still okay and bandamp's here to stay..
#3August 5th, 2007 · 05:25 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
sorry player doesnt work
#4August 5th, 2007 · 09:08 AM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
Hey...
always love piano and harmonicas in
a song.. this is kewl bro..  like the way
the natural reverberation makes it
ring here inside my bomb shelter...

;-)

Blue
#5August 5th, 2007 · 09:50 AM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
No room to shelter in a bomb...
A nice arrangement! Just one pianist, right? I would have really enjoyed a piano instrumental or a little action on the guitar during the breaks. No suggestions on the lyrics but I do appreciate the lack of existential doom. Sweet.
#6August 5th, 2007 · 09:53 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
now it works...
lets fight for it

great vocals. who did it? you? extraordinary vocal record!!!!!
#7August 5th, 2007 · 11:03 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Man this is awesome.I'll be throwing some guitar stuff if its cool with you.Love it!Awesome vox arrangement!!        
#8August 5th, 2007 · 02:44 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
wow..
Well, I am overwhelmed..  Yeah, it is me on the vocals, and as for the break, being a bit empty, I was leaving it open hoping someone would wish to collaborate a bit.. So, yes, please Marino, toss some guitar in that!

I just thought it would make ya'll smile a bit, kinda bring some cheer back to this place!  We are runnin good and strong, and some of the members are coming back from their holiday/vacation whatever you want to call it. And as the weather turns colder, we will see even more traffic. It is the summer slowness as I call it. It's not a big deal.. Every year though at this time, talk of Bandamp's demise comes and goes..  We will be just fine..  smile and have another lemonade.. 

JimK
#9August 5th, 2007 · 11:18 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
51 posts
United States of America
love a good blues romp!  This song made me smile.  I gotta get my electric fixed so I can add a riff along with Marino!  Thanks for the cool tune JimK!
#10August 6th, 2007 · 02:11 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
24 posts
Canada
awsome blues tune
#11August 7th, 2007 · 05:11 AM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
This is nice!

Vocals ARE really good here.

Good job on that

Did you play all the instruments?
#12August 7th, 2007 · 01:46 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
MAN
you've got some cool harmonica going on there. I'm a big fan of this sort of blues, but you don't hear it enough these days.  What key is it in? I'm not an expert on music theory.
I've been doodling around on a C harmonica (the only one I've currently got) just this morning and I can't make it sound anything near as cool as you do. NO matter how I hold it in my hands or try to bend it or much air I put through, I always get the same lame old sounds.....
#13August 9th, 2007 · 07:13 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
WTG  Jimmy Boy

This is really good...your vocals are good( They Have improved tremendously)...you so in your element here
I love the blues riff here

Flyer

Will Rate
#14August 10th, 2007 · 01:00 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hey Jim,

Great song for the Amp, BandAMP is here to stay, ALRIGHT!!!

You seem to be improving with each song.

Way to go man.

Will rate.

Denis
#15August 13th, 2007 · 10:04 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
The feel is awesome.  I LOVE the vocals---I had no idea you could sing like this.  The levels on the track are way off though.  The harmonica (I'm LOVING that people are incorporating harps into tracks now) is good, but try to work around notes and not chords.  You've got the control, and now apply it to working with melodies where you can showcase your brilliant vibrato and bends.  Also, it may be the way you recorded it, but it sounds like your cup isn't tight or deep enough.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 5:13 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.