#1August 3rd, 2007 · 12:12 PM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
Villa Lobos Etude #1

This song is not in a battle

Not for profit or sale, this is my own rearangement of a guitar piece for synthesizers ala Tomita/Carlos. Arranged in FL Studio. I have made a number of arrangements of classical pieces and they are finally becoming interesting. Later I will bring some Debussy and a number of pieces by JS Bach.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 3rd, 2007 · 12:21 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
nice done, and easy listening. thats the way this music stands for

but very easy to put some strange midi events into the computer and let it play. for this work I vote with 5 stars

how does it sound if you play this without straight midi live on stage? does it have more feeling then?
#3August 3rd, 2007 · 12:33 PM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
The source is the issue...
The midi is fairly faithful to the original, except that any midi representation misses the depth of a high quality guitar performance. I was using a physical modeling softsynth in order to put back some of what the midi instruments rob from it.

Played live on solo guitar this is concert hall material. But then, computers factor into it, as no guitars were used in this arrangement. I used a piano roll to generate midi notes and durations. Later, I can post a version w/o the arpeggiators and delays but it will lack a lot of the warmth. If you are a guitar nut like myself, try the experiment of having someone play the instrument while holding the headstock lightly clamped in your teeth (don't scar the instrument) and you will hear a remarkable amount of natural phasing and delay. It is this warm swishing quality I try to get into the synthesizer versions.
#4August 3rd, 2007 · 12:36 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
simply said: show your own skills please like everyone is doing it on this site
#5August 3rd, 2007 · 09:46 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Dude !!!
Impressive midi or not this is great.!!
Love that sound you have going on!!!!
Great job!!Maybe less delay on the next track!
Just curious!
#6August 4th, 2007 · 12:55 PM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
Delay issue?
Thanks for the kudos!

As I mentioned, I was trying for the washing sound of a fine acoustic guitar. I spent a lot of time trying to get both the smeared quality and clarity of notes at the same time. NOT easy at all, and as you observed, it is not perfect. As soon as I have done some more reviews, I will post a few better efforts, including a couple of originals. I am really struggling to improve the computer technique.

I would be practicing the guitar more, but anytime I haul out my guitar with the boys around, they are convinced that it is to let them play on it, and even the threat of spankings will not help. When they are older I think they may respond to persuasion, but until then 2 AM with the headphones on is composing time...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:25 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.