#1July 12th, 2007 · 10:23 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
51 posts
United States of America
Tommy's Song

This song is not in a battle

This is a song about someone close to me.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 12th, 2007 · 11:03 PM
11 threads / 5 songs
56 posts
United States of America
This is a really pretty song--your voice is really awesome--and I love the feel of the song--I just wish there was more depth in the lyrics--I know you said at the begining of the page you said this is about someone who was close to you--but I don't feel like I know the guy well--I want to know more about this guy--I think it would bring more depth to the song--but I really love the melody and your voice, I just feel since this was someone who was close to you, you should tell us what kind of a guy he was--obviously ambitious, and was blinded by his ambition--but that applies to most arrogant people--I want to hear about your friend--I want to feel the pain you felt when he died and why there is a "hole in [your] heart [you] cannot fill."

Don't get me wrong though man, I loved the melody and the vocals, I just felt you would do the song and your friend justice by bringing some depth to the lyrics.

-Dan
#3July 13th, 2007 · 12:33 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
very good drum programming and fitting bass guitar
nice song
more of this please
#4July 13th, 2007 · 02:47 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
YES More please, this is some good style music, a very nice song.
And some harmonies on the chorus to really 'bring it out' and make it more 'sing along' ?
Really good! your voice could come out a bit more (sharpen it) but yet what a beautiful song!
#5July 13th, 2007 · 03:42 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I agree with kings, hopfully you can find a way of bringing the vox more forward, harmonies in the right place would be nice, and yes the drums have been well programmed.

Nice song

Denis
#6July 13th, 2007 · 04:43 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Great song.

I agree, the vox need to be sharpened up a bit in the mix. Also, hi hat and cymbals in left speaker seem to be panned a bit too extremely.

But great song. Bridge well placed. Job well done.
#7July 13th, 2007 · 11:33 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
51 posts
United States of America
Thank you!
Thanks for the suggestions.  I will have to remix this song one of these days.  you know how that goes .

ya the ride is a bit too loud too!  and I agree some harmonies would be nice.  I'll have to work on bringing some more of this person to light maybe rework the 2nd verse, and add a 3rd.

Thanks again for your time.  I appreciate your feedback.
#8July 14th, 2007 · 01:42 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
This is fantastic.Your voice is really good man,but its a bit behind the instruments.It sounds like all is panned heavy except your voice,I do think it works but I find the crash cymbals a bit over panned.Maybe a little less panning on them and bring your highs on the vox a little more.
Great bass line.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 4:59 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.