1 2

#1July 6th, 2007 · 06:33 PM
11 threads / 5 songs
56 posts
United States of America
Golden Dreams

This song is not in a battle

I decided to re-record an older song that I had--haven't posted it here before--just wanted to see what you guys thought--improvements etc...Obviously continues my trend of incredibly simple songs...anywho--let me know!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 7th, 2007 · 08:52 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Golden Dreams
you have a beautiful and haunting voice............

this is a haunting song .............. simple but effective
'Tecky Stuff........'
Sounds like you are singing and playing the song straight to one mike with guitar and vocs sharing the the same access to the same mike..........and its therefore one take and thats it??????
Thats a yes or no
maybe u need to explore software out there (audacity etc) that lets you audio record in different trax
best guys to ask about free multi tracking audio software are jimkdatman or puppetxeno ..... Im sure they can help.
Your sound is unique ............ develop it please

'Muso stuff'
just using 2 chords can become a bit heavy after a while
a bridge or a contrasting section is allways useful
song could perhaps break away from from the 2 chord loop for a bit

hope this helps

splash the fish
#3July 7th, 2007 · 08:59 PM
11 threads / 5 songs
56 posts
United States of America
Yea--it has nearly the same tune--I just suck at the guitar man--I'm getting lessons (well--soon) but until then--my songs will sound redundant--and I have a really good song I want to remake, needs electric and a good acoustic guitarist...thanks for the advice though-its just hard to use layering when I don't know how long to play the guitar portion--adn then just to sing...I have recording stuff--I just don't know how to use it haha....it does help though man I just don't know how to start..
#4July 7th, 2007 · 10:46 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I thought this sounded familar...I heard it before
I see you have been working on your vocals
your getting better   sounding good

Keep it going

Flyer
#5July 7th, 2007 · 10:55 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
WOW dan! Major improvement! Much more confidence in your voice! How long have you worked on this one song!  Very nice!  Lets hear some more man!
#6July 8th, 2007 · 08:50 PM
11 threads / 5 songs
56 posts
United States of America
MindsAtPlay wrote…
WOW dan! Major improvement! Much more confidence in your voice! How long have you worked on this one song!  Very nice!  Lets hear some more man!

Thanks for the comments Minds--I worked on this song mostly in the winter--but decided to re-record it and see what it would sound like with a more controlled voice! I'm workin' on some more--I'm trying to get a band together at the moment--hope it works out...Still need more instruments/effects in my music--but thanks again!
#7July 8th, 2007 · 10:10 PM
3 threads
76 posts
United States of America
I really like your voice, full of feeling, earthy, warm. It works well with the guitar - singer/songwriter style.  I also think it would work with a filled out band - as you were discussing above.  I wish your lyrics were a little clearer, but not at the expense of losing your sound/style.  Great work!

VK
#8July 8th, 2007 · 10:39 PM
11 threads / 5 songs
56 posts
United States of America
ViciousKitty wrote…
I really like your voice, full of feeling, earthy, warm. It works well with the guitar - singer/songwriter style.  I also think it would work with a filled out band - as you were discussing above.  I wish your lyrics were a little clearer, but not at the expense of losing your sound/style.  Great work!

VK

Thanks for your comments--I will try to sing clearer--and yes--I really want to get music behind me with a band--but I never seem to be able to find people willing to do it--so I'm stuck there--I've been trying to find people for over a year now, haven't found many at all--I really want to remake "Remember my Name", but I need a decent guitarist to do electric and acoustic--meh--thanks for the comments though VK--it means a lot coming from you!
#9July 9th, 2007 · 03:24 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
This is a beautiful song, it's memorable, if your not happy with it , keep on playing it.
Yes doing a full-out band production usually makes a song 'amazing' but even as it is now, it is still very real!
#10July 9th, 2007 · 04:48 PM
27 threads / 26 songs
83 posts
Russia
I think it's perfect. Sounds like Lennon's home recordings (sound is better). It moves me. Yes!
#11July 10th, 2007 · 12:46 AM
11 threads / 5 songs
56 posts
United States of America
Thanks for all the comments guys--but you don't think I need to add more music behind it? I really want to--and thats a bunch for comparing my music to Lennon--thats an honor--but I really want to add more music behind it!! AND I NEED HELP!!!
#12July 10th, 2007 · 09:33 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
51 posts
United States of America
I love this kind of close personal stuff where the vocals are not lost in a wall of echo.  It's right there in your face.  Nice song and you do have a uniquely good voice.  If at all possible I would try to add a bridge or some type of change to ad a little variety.  but a good sound nonetheless
#13July 10th, 2007 · 10:13 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice song DANZ ,you've got a great voice man.Super nice lyrics,hope the recording quality gets better, this song definitely deserves it.
#14July 12th, 2007 · 10:32 PM
11 threads / 5 songs
56 posts
United States of America
Marino wrote…
Nice song DANZ ,you've got a great voice man.Super nice lyrics,hope the recording quality gets better, this song definitely deserves it.

HELP ME THEN PLEASE (DAMNIT)!
#15July 13th, 2007 · 05:13 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
18 posts
Russia
Продолжайте в том же дуже... !
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 16th, 2024 · 9:30 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.