#1July 3rd, 2007 · 04:08 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Where/s The Sunshine

This song is not in a battle

The weather in th London is rubbish, it's supposed to be summer, all we got is rain clouds and more rain.

Denis

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 3rd, 2007 · 09:01 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice tune Denis not one of my favorites or yours but really good one none the less.Love the melody arrangement in the whistling part.Sounds like an old western song meets Celtic feel in a pirate's boat,if that makes any sense.Good sound recording.Hope the weather gets better soon!!!
Cheers
#3July 4th, 2007 · 05:34 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Marino wrote…
Sounds like an old western song meets Celtic feel in a pirate's boat,if that makes any sense
Maybe they sung this on the way home after having raped, pillaged and hung out with cowboys in America for a while! LOL

Denis : Another wonderful song, you have so many different yet always pleasant styles.
I love it when you 'sing your own song', makes it 'completely' beautiful.  
#4July 4th, 2007 · 07:09 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Observations:
 - Finally, you started singing again!  Nice, crisp harmonies.
 - The piratey feel, while fitting for the song, doesn't fit well with that is really mellow instrumentation.  Add some depth to the instruments on the lower end of the spectrum to make the song meatier.
 - The whistling was downright awesome.
 - The bass could use some more attack.  And variation, though the whistling parts work alright in detracting attention from it.
 - The vocal scatting was pretty great.
 - The ending was a little messy--the "hidel-hi-ho" at the end sounded thrown in and the track ended a little abruptly.
 - I'd remaster the track--there is a serious hole in the mid-range.  Your voice is basically the only mid-range instrumentation.  Maybe EQ the rhythm or lead guitars down.  Also, add some juice to the bass drum and snare, and ease off the treble on the hat.  Run the entire drum set through a compressor.

Reading over the list, it sounds overly critical, but I loved the track.
#5July 4th, 2007 · 12:27 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Where/s The Sunshine
Hi Denis
Its not here in newcastle..........
Lovely song all of the UK should be singing and whistling along to this one!!
When you find it please let me know

the fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 5:47 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.