#1June 19th, 2007 · 04:30 PM
12 threads / 7 songs
45 posts
United Kingdom
Bee-Bop-A-Doo

This song is not in a battle

A Summery song i wrote about a year ago. It's a lovey summery song. Chorus doesn't make much sense, but then, why should it? I re-recorded it the other day, and added some Ukelele. I build up the instruments one by one. I tend to do that a lot when i'm composing.

Comment on the break in the middle. Weird? My friend suggested it, and i haven't really come up with anything better. It seems to fit, in a weird sort of way!

Lyrics:

Chorus:
Bee-bop-a-doo, and i'm feeling really cool,
I got my skat-man-do, and i'm thinking of you!

Verse1
When i see that face of yours, smiling at mine when i open the door, for ya
You make me happier then i've ever been, you're the prettiest thing i've e-ver seen

Verse2
Let's take a trip for a weekend away, it'll be so good we'll wanna stay
I pop the question "Will you marry me?", lets be together for eter-nity!

Verse3
I love you more than a miner loves gold, i want to stay together till we both grow old
You make me happier than i've ever been, you're the prettiest thing i've e-ver seen

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 19th, 2007 · 05:22 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Fantastic vibe dude.  I loved how the drums kicked in--they needed a better mix but it's the right style.  Sing a little more confidently.  The harmonies are sweet.  They go off a little bit.  The break was AWESOME!  I love the arpeggiated guitar, fun lyrics and upbeat rhythm.

I'm feelin' pretty cool!
#3June 19th, 2007 · 06:05 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
BIG SMILE 

Break is odd! lol
Song is simply splendid, loved it all!
#4June 20th, 2007 · 01:47 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
This is a "happy song".
Turn up your mood, no matter how you feel!
Great... kinda 60' style.

> Iszil
#5June 20th, 2007 · 12:55 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
The break in the middile is cool,  it does prescisly what it was intended for, and makes the song more interesting.

I would love to see some comedy duo sing and peform this on TV

MENTAL FUN.

Denis
#6June 20th, 2007 · 02:26 PM
12 threads / 7 songs
45 posts
United Kingdom
That's funny you should say that, cos' me and my friend started up a duo, comedy songwriting team, last year in our music lessons. We wrote one song together, that was really absract, but in a good way. I'll put it up later. Then we kept planning to write more songs, but i just ended up writing them meself!
#7June 20th, 2007 · 02:58 PM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
your music doesn't really match your hair style lol
#8June 20th, 2007 · 04:13 PM
12 threads / 7 songs
45 posts
United Kingdom
Haha yeh, i tend to branch out (in terms of genre) with my songwriting. I think i've only ever written one or two punk songs! I tend to get really into listening to one genre for a while, and during that time, i'll try compose songs that fit that genre, or songs that are similar to a particular artist. It's good fun!
#9June 20th, 2007 · 11:24 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
21 posts
United States of America
This is a sweeeet song, man. I couldn't not listen to it the whole way through, haha. It put me in a good mood. Thanks for posting the lyrics, it was fun to read along.
#10June 20th, 2007 · 11:30 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
hey man...
I am loving this....  It is really cool.... When it started, I was like what the heck is a scat-man-do, By the second chorus, I knew EXACTLY what it was...  HAAHahaha..   THis is AWESOME..  LOVE THE BREAK! It really does fit, it makes it so much more...  Really cool... 

BTW, Love the hair, I myself am sporting a mohawk..  Awesome..

JimK
#11June 22nd, 2007 · 06:58 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Well here is one for my playlist and Im going to download it
Love it....this is sounding really cool...I want a skat-man-do
BEEee BOoOOPPpP  a DOOooOO

Nice work ...very nice

Flyer
#12June 23rd, 2007 · 12:17 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I'm feeling really cool thanks too you .Really awesome vibe!Great change break too!
#13June 23rd, 2007 · 11:43 PM
3 threads
76 posts
United States of America
This is a fun song Mr. Cow!!  It reminds me alot of this band from the 80's called The Jazz Butcher Conspiracy, you should check them out.  Happy!  Good production, too.

VK
#14June 24th, 2007 · 05:38 PM
12 threads / 7 songs
45 posts
United Kingdom
Will do, definitely! Thanks for the comments guys! It's reassuring to know that someone likes the music i make, other than me! And it's also reassuring to know that there are people out there who are willing to help you with your music! Huzzah for BandAMP!
#15June 25th, 2007 · 03:23 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Ahhhh nice. One for the playlist I think!

Great natural vibe. Loved the start. I almost would have preferred it without drums, but I got used to it when everything filled out a bit more.

No criticism here. Great track.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 4:30 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.