#1June 19th, 2007 · 01:49 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Splendor

This song is not in a battle

I had a vasectomy last thursday, sore as hell, but thankfully it's not too bad if I keep in one place and can still create music.
It's amazing despite being in pain I created this song, which was a challenge in it's self. Isn't music a wonderfull thing.

Denis

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 19th, 2007 · 03:37 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
UoooooooHHHH!
Nice nice nice!Really very well done Dennis.The background strings give it a nice touch too.Dennis you're one awesome musician.This piece has room for lots of stuff.Imho a flute would be cool for solo and marimba for melody amazing.
Just curious whats the background noice at 1:55

Nice break and bassline at 3:09
Bring the horns up (it ads alot) and clean up the end arrangement an this is done!!
Great vote from me!
#3June 19th, 2007 · 04:51 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
UoooooooHHHH!
Nice nice nice!Really very well done Dennis.The background strings give it a nice touch too.Dennis you're one awesome musician.This piece has room for lots of stuff.Imho a flute would be cool for solo and marimba for melody amazing.
Just curious whats the background noice at 1:55

Nice break and bassline at 3:09
Bring the horns up (it ads alot) and clean up the end arrangement an this is done!!
Great vote from me! :o

Background noise is next door nieghbours builder fitting new bathroom, prior to the banging he was using a hammer drill, the recording levels were higher on the drill than my guitar. With me It's best to create a song in one hit, as the ideas come naturall. The horns what came to me when I first wrote this. I would love to hear it played with a big bras band section. IThe end was messing arround really, I prefered it to  a sudden end in the mix, it didn't sound right. It's taken  a long time to write this one, I'll leave it as it for now, just don't have the time

Cheers

Denis
#4June 19th, 2007 · 05:17 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
You know I love your music, and this is no exception.  I love the bongos (or similar instruments)--they give a nice samba/salsa-ish feel that is groovy.

The middle of the song is a little repetitive, I agree that a big band-style arrangement would really suit the music.
#5June 20th, 2007 · 02:19 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Not my style, but you have something interesting here... kinda jazzy.
The percussion is cool, and the guitar work, with the melody, as well.

> Iszil
#6June 25th, 2007 · 03:18 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Great song. Top notch production.

Kinda drags on a bit imo. It's nice, but maybe a little too long.

How did you do the percussion? It sounds really professional.

Nice work.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 5:18 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.