#1June 17th, 2007 · 02:50 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
The Dog... Barks!

This song is not in a battle

So i elaborated on the intro, this is what i came up with Sub Woofer is a plus...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 17th, 2007 · 03:04 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Very nice.  To me, your stuff always borders on the scary!   This reminds me of a tune called "American Werewolf In London" by Agent K and J. Break.  Over the wall intense with these Leads that just grab you by the neck!  Good stuff, man!
#3June 17th, 2007 · 03:20 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Your an Animal!

O! of course you knew that!
#4June 25th, 2007 · 04:14 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Wooo fastbreaks. Nice.

Reminds me of something... can't place it.

Would make for a great movie soundtrack.

Keep it up. Got my vote.
#5June 25th, 2007 · 04:40 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
is that a subtle vocal just before one minute?  If so...it could be brought up a little more.  1:50 was an awesome switch...what's that ticking near the end...almost sounds like an old grandfather clock

I like. 
#6June 25th, 2007 · 11:28 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Wow Devo This is another great track.I think you have a clarinet sound in there before the crazy attack of leads you beak into.The beat is awesome!!Gets Vote!!ouch the dog bit me
#7June 26th, 2007 · 04:46 PM
59 threads / 56 songs
162 posts
Netherlands
devo....jeah,,,,its to short...now i have to play it twice...what gear did you use for this(your) tracks?
#8June 29th, 2007 · 12:18 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
Erm FlStudio with some external vst's for this track i didn't use any as i wasn't using my pc as it is jibbed out at the moment, if my memory serves me correctly for the bass i used a sine wave from sytrus with some bloodoverdrive, adjusted it to taste, might of split it into 3 and filterd it so one high pass filtered one low passed and one with a bandpass over the middle frequencies, also layered a sine sub under all of it, cut the frequencies around 40hz and below to get rid of some of the rumble, for the lead i modifyed the sytrus preset 'hoovinator' took out the pitch bend in it and played around with it abit til i got a sound i like, the break was a sampled break, the same one i used in Arrghhh Matey! but i stuck it in the FLslicer and added another kick in and layered another snare and kick over it to beef it out abit, and programmed some hats that your hear at the start into the step sequencer, eq'd everything to taste etc, mixed it down into wav and used a program called har-bal http://www.har-bal.com/ to master it, which is a really really good program for mastering, for thinks like the distorted and twisted basses in like god's eye and slight i basically made a really distorted messy sound in FL, the mixed it into .Wav resampled it loads of times in Native Insturuments Kontakt (VST) stuck a low pass filter automated by a trangle LFO http://www.native-instruments.com to open and close to give that wowow sound there was a really good like 35 step tutorial to resampling in kontakt to make really twisted basses like that of calyx http://www.myspace.com/calyxuk   natrually my basses can't touch his, but i find kontakts the best way to get that kind of sound, other things to getting a nice sound, always split up the bass into 3 clones and filter them for hi/mid/low so it comes out good on all speakers and sounds nice and full, also then you can automate them to cut out the bass/mid/hi whatever to add some movement and variation to the bass, unfortunately to get really beefed out basses you got to spend alot of time on them and messing about on other peoples computers doesnt really give me the change to to that, hopefully i'll have a new pc by sept, so then it should be all good, remember if you are mixing down in FL to geyt clearer sound always your final copy down in 512 point sync to get the best quality, and use your ears to listen up for muddyness etc, for a list of eq tutorials/samples/advice can check out http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php?threadid=257992&cache=17 which is pretty much my bible for everything and i havent even got thru all of it yet, most of the advice there is from signed professional producers and they can offer far more detailed advice than me, and remember, its not the tools, it's how you use them (god im cheesy) take care, hope to hear some good tunes
#9June 29th, 2007 · 06:13 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
The Dog... Barks!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 3:27 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.