#1June 4th, 2005 · 10:00 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
1 posts
United Kingdom
Autumnal Groove

This song is not in a battle

The beginning and chorus of a work in progress groovin' slap-bass tune.

The sweeping pad makes me think of windy days and little whirlwinds of golden leaves on the pavement, hence the name.

I made this using FruityLoops 3. There are no live performances in it, only synths and instrumental note samples.

Please let me know what you think / what parts could be improved - please be (brutally) honest!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 4th, 2005 · 10:37 AM
10 threads / 10 songs
30 posts
Slovakia
:)
total brutal
try to play it yourself withou da COMPUTER
#3June 4th, 2005 · 09:27 PM
14 threads / 12 songs
177 posts
United States of America
I like it. It is a little repetetive, but reminds me of a 60's tune or something only modernized.
#4June 4th, 2005 · 10:48 PM
Brutal:

1.It sounds very plastic.
2.The drum picks is too aggressive and gets too repetative.
3.The synth oscillation gets really old really quick.
4.There is no ending.

As much as I respect electronic music, you really need something natural in there. If you don't play any instruments, get a real synthesizer or even just a physical slide mixer to add some personality to the sound.
#5June 5th, 2005 · 12:06 AM
25 threads / 23 songs
127 posts
United States of America
very loungy, in the future plant more atmospheric downs and ups to create dynamic changes in the song, over all i liked it, is does get sorta loopy, but don't trip man, it's a good start, keep it up
#6June 5th, 2005 · 09:32 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
1 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for the comments.

I agree completely that it is too static and unnatural sounding. I'm currently playing around with the bass, piano, drums, and guitar to try and get some more variation in there.

After the chorus (where the slap bass comes in) I'm finding it very difficult coming up with new parts that fit with the song and give it some kind of progression. But I agree, it needs some ups and downs with some nice groovy breaks.

I'll post new version as soon as I come up with something I'm happy with.
#7June 6th, 2005 · 02:20 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
36 posts
United States of America
Not overall a good sounding BAND song but I really like the bass part and feel it was a bit overlooked due to all the computer sounding instruments. Like I said, I liked the Bass runs. Put it with real instruments and it would shine.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 12:49 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.