#1June 13th, 2007 · 10:06 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Who Am I

This song is not in a battle

I wanted to see if I could squeeze out a decent tune in less than twelve hours. It was a bit of a personal challenge, especially considering that I've been struck with a serious case of writer's block for the last couple months, but I think it worked out.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 13th, 2007 · 10:58 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Hey nice song!
This is not my style, but as a song itself is pretty good... and considering the fact that you made it in less than 12 hours, well, yeah!
Well done, man.

> Iszil
#3June 14th, 2007 · 07:04 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
The doubling up on the vox in some of the parts sound great, I think it would sound great if you doubled up throughout the song.

I like to do my songs in one hit, best way.

Bass and drums are bit Floydy

Denis
#4June 14th, 2007 · 08:09 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Very nice song to come out of a writers block.The verse sounds a bit empty IMHO but you know I'm one of those filler up type people.So most likely verse is fine.Very clean recording and instrument performance!!
#5June 14th, 2007 · 08:42 AM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
Dude. I hate you. :P In a good way =).

I could seriously use your songs in a movie soundtrack.
Chorus carries that vibe you like to deliver. I love how it broke back into the verse with the lead guitar again.
The more I listen the more I wonder what it'd be like live.   

Here's the feedback *enough flattery*. In my opinion I'd have to disagree with Denis on doubling the vocal throughout the song, though maybe something of personal preference? I don't disagree with occasional double takes.

Solo tone is a bit too out of place (but nice melody and breaks). Some bits sound flat as well (intentional?) Nice mix on the delay.

I think my only critism would to re-record the solo.
#6June 14th, 2007 · 10:05 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
nice groove. i like the bass. it does have a very film soundtrack sound. i can picture a speeded up roadtrip type scene. anyway... that muted guitar arpeggio in the chorus is cool. solo is flawless, and is that tapping.... nice.
  a very good way to spend 12 hours.

Ian
#7June 14th, 2007 · 11:10 AM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
WOW this is WAY diffrent (vox wise anyway) then what im used to from you, your so clear and loud and wow, im amazed. i love it. so far this song has been sent to all your ather adoring fans in my address book as of two minuts ago, im sure their going to love it just as much as i did. im so amazed. O.O jaw droppin good my friend, cokie worthy even
#8June 14th, 2007 · 12:16 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Once it picks up, the groove is pretty neat--it's got that vibe that some of the off-beat Pearl Jam songs have.
The vocals are too dry for the music, and the piano almost sounds out of tune.  I'd re-record the solo, sounds out of place.  The muted guitar in the back of the chorus is my favorite part of the solo until you do the bend at the end of the riff.  The layered vocals work for me as they are.

Overall, something different from you but I kinda like it.
#9June 14th, 2007 · 03:05 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Wow, extremely good mixing. Sounds great.
#10June 14th, 2007 · 08:40 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Aha. Lot's of criticism here. I concur with most of it.

aar0j wrote…
Solo tone is a bit too out of place (but nice melody and breaks). Some bits sound flat as well (intentional?) Nice mix on the delay.
Really? The guitar solo is too dry? Well, some of it was somewhat intentional, to make a contrast when I brought in the delay. There's a bit of room on it. Not loads though. Guess not enough. I'll work on it. Aside from that, thanks man. well appreciated.

avinashv wrote…
Once it picks up, the groove is pretty neat--it's got that vibe that some of the off-beat Pearl Jam songs have.
The vocals are too dry for the music, and the piano almost sounds out of tune.  I'd re-record the solo, sounds out of place.  The muted guitar in the back of the chorus is my favorite part of the solo until you do the bend at the end of the riff.  The layered vocals work for me as they are.

Overall, something different from you but I kinda like it.
Hmm... I've listened a few times and the piano sounds fine to me. As far as the solo goes, I'm with you there. I guess I may have gone a bit overboard with it, with the length and such. I've been playing the guitar recently trying to get more used to it, and I guess a little bit of that seeped through. Suppose that needs a bit of work as well. I mean, sure, it doesn't sound half bad, but I really don't consider myself particularly talented with the guitar. I've never really felt completely comfortable with it. It still doesn't seem natural to play, which is what I'm dying for. But I'm sure that will come in time. lots of time...

SirBorris wrote…
and is that tapping....
nope not tapping. never quite spent enough time to get the hang of that. just pickin and for someone like me who's not used to that sort of thing, boy was it a workout...

Denis wrote…
I like to do my songs in one hit, best way.
I agree with you 100%. It's a pity my talents won't stretch that far.

Denis wrote…
Bass and drums are bit Floydy
not sure if it was meant this way... but I take that as a tremendous compliment. many thanks

keep em coming folks. all of this helps.
- Ben
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 11:35 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.