#1June 8th, 2007 · 09:43 PM
11 threads / 5 songs
56 posts
United States of America
Tears Run Dry *Rerecorded

This song is not in a battle

I had a song up here a few months ago that I was not satisfied with, and still am not fully, but I decided to re-do the vocals, and tune my guitar (thanks avi :P) and see if it sounds any better--I sang it slightly deeper--I think--but I still would like to add some more instruments and whatnot--anyways--give me some feedback--do you like it better than the previous version? What does it need etc...Thanks so much!!!

-Dan

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 8th, 2007 · 10:28 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Man as I told you before that voice is A+.Should try recording the guitar separately,so you can focus on each recording individually and get the most out of both the guitar and vox.Really nice melody!!!
#3June 9th, 2007 · 08:15 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Nice, a tuned guitar is a good first step. Your voice is also a little smoother than the recording you sent me last night.

As I've said before, I love this the way it is.  No other instruments except maybe a cello at the coda or maybe just before the last chorus.  Your voice and the melody are awesome.

"Here you now, as you may see.  Life can be tough for you and me, but when you cry, and tears run dry, all that's left, is you and me."  I love it.
#4June 9th, 2007 · 09:44 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
My advice, heed Marinos advice!
Record the guitar to a click track, stick a pair of head phones on and record the vocal.
Even though the changing of the tone in your voice on each vocal line gives a cool and unique effect, I think it could, "could", irritate some people eventually, and it's no excuse for not singing properly! Because you can!  
#5June 9th, 2007 · 12:53 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I used to sing my vox and guitar at the same time. I think it's OK when you're creating, this is where you can get inspirastional things happening.

I found it intially strange when I recorded the vox separate, but it has definatly improved my songs. You could initally record the vox and guitar with a click track or basic drums and then use this as the foundation for recording the guitar and vox separate.

It would have been useful to put a link to the previous version.

It's OK as it is, although it's worth experimenting with other acoustic instruments, or some harmony vox.

Generally the song has a nice feel and your vox are really nice.

Denis
#6June 9th, 2007 · 12:59 PM
3 threads
76 posts
United States of America
Very Organic!
You have a beautiful timbre in your voice.  The vox and guitar are really present on this recording. It has such a wonderful organic singer/songwriter vibe, very soulful.

VK
#7June 10th, 2007 · 11:04 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
you can sing very well, but youve got that kurt cobain thing going, which could get irritating (as kings said).
 love the lyrics, very personal feel to the song.

Ian
#8June 11th, 2007 · 12:46 AM
11 threads / 5 songs
56 posts
United States of America
Yea--I will try to layer my music soon--I'm just not that good at the guitar anyways--so I don't think it'd make much of a difference--but yea--I know my voice went up and down--but you liked the sound? I don't have a range at all--but my voice is good? Thats exciting I always seem to get mixed reviews on that from people I know.
#9June 11th, 2007 · 01:24 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Hi
I see you have really improved on this song...I knew it had potential when I first heard this sometime ago....Im glad to see you worked on this tune...
Its sounding really good...you have made some nice adjustments to this song.
your vocals have really improved....good work...
keep the determination

Flyer

Will Rate
#10June 18th, 2007 · 01:10 AM
11 threads / 5 songs
56 posts
United States of America
Aight--anyone want to help with a few effects? Maybe--maybe--any takers?
#11July 7th, 2007 · 05:12 PM
59 threads / 56 songs
162 posts
Netherlands
beautifull...do you play bass..would be nice an bassline
#12January 22nd, 2008 · 10:06 PM
11 threads / 5 songs
56 posts
United States of America
Nah man, I don't--I wish I could actually play the guitar haha--I was seeing if some people would be interested in helping me rework the song with more/better instruments. Still looking for some takers! Haha
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 9:51 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.