#1June 8th, 2007 · 12:08 AM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Avalanche

This song is not in a battle

Hey!

Just thought I'd put up maybe one or two tracks off my new EP. This is a piano with Trombone and Viola. What more can I say... Have a listen... It'd be great to hear what you think.

- Chester

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 8th, 2007 · 01:26 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Thanks for sharing EG It sounds really good.Definitely a hi quality recording.I have some personal opinions as far as the song goes in comparison to your other songs.The piano is really nicely done,The trombone ,Dunno gives me the impression of been flat in some parts,but it might be me.The Viola seems to cancel out your voice some times.I usually don't post a lot of criticism because the effort of the artist but I've heard the takes that you previously posted that didn't make the cut and i found them better songs,but again is just my opinion.Besides this is song is well put together an you voice is really good as much as the feeling in it.So I'm sure this will do fine!!!
Good luck in your music career
#3June 8th, 2007 · 05:53 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
The piano incredible.  When your voice comes in, it sounds like a halfway of Jamie Cullum and James Blunt.

The trombone doesn't work for me at all.  It's completely off from the entire song.  The viola is also mixed in a little too loudly.

Pretty well composed though, and the lyrics are pretty beautiful.
#4June 8th, 2007 · 02:35 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
very nice song. I got no objections to the trombone, i like unconventional instruments. The piano playing is excellent... but it does have similarities to the paino on a muse song, i think off origin of symmetry, and im half expecting a distorted guitar to come in any moment lol.

Ian
#5June 10th, 2007 · 07:05 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
dark piano, very good
and at last singing!!! :-)
very good composition
but I am missing half of instruments like guitars, bass and percussions.
ok its a good song
#6June 11th, 2007 · 09:00 AM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Haha, wow, your voice could make any song sound good. But your have piano skills too :P Brilliant as usual, EG. I don't really like how the trombone was done, though. Not enough time for it to stand on its own from the other sounds/instruments.
#7June 11th, 2007 · 11:07 AM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
No objection to the Trombone and I understand where it could be considered flat (but I like it). It just adds to this melancholic theme (which you hit the nail on the head with your voice).

I think as for the mix of the Viola it sits pretty nicely. Ending is nice.

*as for the piano does it have some kind of chorus/phase on it at points?
#8March 1st, 2008 · 11:07 AM
12 threads / 12 songs
89 posts
Canada
avalanche
dramatic. Sounds like it could be in a movie. The piano flowing parts sound movie like. Good emotion and feelings. I like the changes throughout the song man. Well done!......jgv
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 1:52 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.