#1June 5th, 2007 · 03:43 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Someday

This song is not in a battle

Another drop D tune, possibly my last one (I've gotten bored with drop D) Again I am trying a new mixing philosophy, putting as few effects as possible on instruments other than limiters and compressors to get a less muddy sound.
Well, this started out pretty good, until I put in vocals. I really ought to get voice lessons. Guitar is also terribly intonated (which I don't know how to fix)

Lyrics:
I知 gonna see
I知 gonna see the truth someday
I知 gonna see

Some people believe
That there is more to life
Some people believe
In destiny
Some people believe
There痴 something after death
But really they池e all fools to me
Fools me

I知 gonna see
I知 gonna see
Someday  Someday
I知 gonna see
Someday someday
I知 gonna See

Some people delude
Themselves in fairytales
Some people delude
Themselves in politics
Some people delude
Themselves in themselves
But really they池e all liars to me
Liars to me

I知 gonna see
I知 gonna see
Someday  Someday
I知 gonna see
Someday someday
I知 gonna See

I really don稚
Think I have a soul inside
I really don稚
Think I have a spirit
I really Pascal痴 wager
Is a load of bull
And I really think they池e all fools to me
Fools to me

I知 gonna see
I知 gonna see
Someday  Someday
I知 gonna see
Someday someday
I知 gonna See

I知 gonna see
I知 gonna see

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 5th, 2007 · 04:25 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Man, this is really together!  This has great structure!  The only thing I can pick at is the vox.  Sing this thing man!  You can do it!  You have a great voice but you need to belt it, man! Sing more from your gut!  This has awesome potential! HI RATINGS!
#3June 5th, 2007 · 04:59 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
i like your voice, *gives map an odd look.* no nut grabbing needed my friend your voice is very remenesent of a mixture of 80's bands. very good. u kinda reminde me of violent femmes. one of my fave bands. except ur voice is softer than the lead singers. but any way this is great high vote!
#4June 5th, 2007 · 05:09 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
I was simply implying that I would like to hear your voice more present in the mix.  I agree with Pap, you have an excellent singing voice, it reminds me of Pet Shop Boys!  Very nice!  Didnt mean any offense, Pap.
#5June 5th, 2007 · 06:51 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I hear how your sound is evolving I like where is going>I think there's a difference on the vocal recording to the music recording.It sounds like you recorded the vox over the mix of a wave or mp3 of the song.But all in all I like the song structure and composition aspect.Good Job!!!
Gets vote
#6June 5th, 2007 · 06:52 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Wow, how could you tell that? The reson it sounds different is because I couldn't find my headphones, so the speaker noise appeared in the microphone.
#7June 5th, 2007 · 08:07 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
I think ur voice is instantly reckognisable (on bandamp) ( which is a good thing), and i think it stands out well enough in the mix, but i can get where map is coming from though, you never really shout in your songs (at least the ones that iv heard), and if you did, it might make the song more memorable by putting more 'emotion' into it.

I like ur musical sound alot but also i think its a bit cluttered and theres alot going on in the composition, ur lead guitar playing is also pretty much continuous.   imo this makes the song less memorable because theres no particalar guitar riff that gets stuck in ur head.
Other than that, i like ur music alot.

Ian
#8June 8th, 2007 · 12:28 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
11 posts
United States of America
dope
bro way sik im digin.....especially the vocals its unique different and thats whats good.....i always like hearing something different tired of the same old old. but yea man nice job
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 11:49 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.