#1June 4th, 2007 · 09:53 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
war machine/Angel

This song is not in a battle

This is a medley of 2 songs War Machine and Angel Of Heaven so give it a full listen if you can.

This is actually Basketcases song he did the music and lyrics... I just did the vox on it. I did not have the time to do this one justice. It's a great song when I get a chance I'm really gonna tighten this one up. I've had it for a couple of months and I just recently  had time to work on it. It's rough.... but I'll fix it in the near future. BC may want someone to do some leads...he has someone that may be doing them though. you'd have to ask him.

War Machine/ Angel of Heaven

Pack my bags I'm outta here,  With her fake smile,  Swallow her tears .                   
Off to the land,   Sand and oil, Where flesh and blood,  Fertilize the soil.

Give me a rifle ,  Give me a Gun,   Run through these hills,   I'll kill everyone
Give me a rifle , Give me a Gun,  Run through these hills,  I'll kill everyone

For the love Of smoke and fire, All guns blazin,  fullfill my desires.                  
Piercing their flesh, laugh at their cries, Justice is futile,  Victory is mine .                   

Give me a rifle ,  Give me a Gun,   Run through these hills,   I'll kill everyone
Give me a rifle ,Give me a Gun, Run through these hills  I'll kill everyone

Lonely lady, Waiting by the phone, Is it today, They ship him home
He's off fighting ,Someone elses war, Only a picture, Brings  warmth from home
All alone, Behind enemy lines, Tortured and beaten, He holds you tight
Clasped hands, Closed eyes, Bullets fly, Death from the sky

Angel of Heaven Fly tonight Spread your wings through blood red skies     
Soaring high, For all to see,  Wind in your hair, Spirit is free

Widowed woman Kneeling by a grave Holds back tears, Slowly she explains
Daddy didnt loseHis,  life in vain,  Through sacrifice,  Privilages are gained
Cherish the memories,  He'll guide you each day, Recite our prayer,  Softly they say.......

Angel of Heaven, Fly tonight, Spread your wings, through blood red skies     
Angel of Heaven, Fly tonight, Spread your wings, through blood red skies     

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 4th, 2007 · 10:09 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Wow man! I have to admit I cringed a bit in the beginning but then it hit the 2nd half and I was suddenly at peace!  The 2nd part "Angel Of Heaven" Is awesome man!  Strong vocals, are you harmonizing with yourself?  The is truly nice!  It puts me in mind of something man.  Im probable thinking of "One".  Yeah Yeah, Man. The vocal breakdown at @ 2:50 is just beautiful! Excellent man!  The 2nd part is enough for me to give high ratings!
#3June 4th, 2007 · 11:05 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guys is this is awesome.
Love the harmony.
This is really good Greg love the vocals man and Basket did great with the music mix.
Man this gets a good vote from me.
#4June 5th, 2007 · 03:27 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Cool, just wanted to add that the rhythm guitar from  53 secs until the Angel of Heaven part is my buddy Bluesmaster75. This sounds great as is...I can't imagine how much more justice Goat can do.

*wouldn't hurt bringing the vox up a bit in the verses In Angel...mainly the first one*

peace
#5June 5th, 2007 · 03:37 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
*headbanging*
Like the chords and melody, but the drums are kind of throwing me off.

Reminds me alot of a very death-metalish version of alice in chains.

Ooh, cool change up at 2:00. I like this alot. Cool harmonies.

Very cool.
#6June 7th, 2007 · 03:38 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
thanx this is not finished
Basketcase sent me this song about two or three months ago. I've been kinda tied up so I haven't had time to work on it. I did some basic vocal tracks but haven't really had time to tweak em out and tighten em up. I think BC is waiting for his lead guitarist to put some leads in this song.. Hopefully I can get some time in the near future to really get the vox down on this.

thanks for your comments on this song. They're appreciated.
#7June 9th, 2007 · 03:01 PM
3 threads
76 posts
United States of America
A really interesting song in that it begins with this kind of Primus meets The Dead Kennedys beginning and then becomes this moving power ballad. I really dig the lyrics, very meaningful to me.  Nice powerful vocals, great harmonies, just tighten em up a bit.  Overall, an excellent song.

Lisa
#8June 25th, 2007 · 03:57 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Nice....

I love the break at 2 min
it just go to another dimension there
nice
like the lyrics also

Nice work you 2

Flyer

Will Rate
#9January 7th, 2008 · 07:54 PM
1 threads
42 posts
Mexico
heyyyyyy
well the first part is very strong but the second one is absolutely good everything fits awesome two tumbs up!!!!
#10January 11th, 2008 · 09:04 PM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
Scraaaaaape!  Huh?  Makes me want to play a race car video game.  The crash cymbal, I think it is, has a distant odd sound to it.  I like this change when it slows down.  What is this Southern Rock/Metal... Freebird!  Aaaaargh!  The volume seems to be a bit soft... wait, no, my volume dial was turned down... Needs a more definitive ending.
#11January 14th, 2008 · 04:27 PM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Brilliant lyrics... powerful vocals... distinct voice on the vocals... but not tht great a fan of the guitaring the earlier part... it sounded slightly cliche... and the second part of course rocks apart from the drums...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 3:02 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.