#1June 4th, 2007 · 08:16 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
11 posts
United States of America
Shift
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 7 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-06

Its one of my first songs i only have like a week using fruity loops. i don't have much of a great set up just the computer and the typing keyboard as a piano so im trying. So please just let me know what you guys think and be honest tell me whether it sucks and what i could do better.....im learning.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 5th, 2007 · 09:49 AM
3 posts
United States of America
sounds simple enough great job i would say just add vocals to it
#3June 5th, 2007 · 09:54 AM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
That synth that drops in would sound better done on guitar instead.

Great!

I'm grooving.
#4June 5th, 2007 · 06:32 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
nice groove you got going here very melodic 2 good work 
#5June 5th, 2007 · 06:42 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Cool drums, even though the samples are quite recognizable.

You made good use of FL slayer, but its really not a very good synth in my opinion. Try using the TR404 or something to make a more interesting synth.

It's clipping alot in the bass, try putting a compressor on it or lowering the volume.

Cool high synth at like 1:00.

You're pretty good at constructing melodies and basslines, now all you need to do is polish your synths and production and you've got some nice work.
#6June 5th, 2007 · 06:43 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Uhhh Another FL member !!!
Nice groove and mix a bit simple but better than what I can do none the less.
Gets vote!
#7June 6th, 2007 · 03:23 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Cool Groove!
If you want my opinion I'd say change the 'electro duck' synth to another sound! I hate that sound, this has absolutely nothing to do with your song I just HATE that sound. I have a few versions of it as samples and sounds, and it makes me cringe every time! Its too metallic somehow to be pleasant.
I say change the sound because what you play is very nice indeed, and I really do think it's a cool little groove!

I take it that ZachB is implying this synth to be changed to guitar? You could try some 'guitar' plugin (isn't 'plucked' included in FL) just to see how it sounds?? Just swap over the instruments!
#8June 6th, 2007 · 03:41 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Nice...for a week on FL! Hell yeah!  My opinion would be to bring the synth down just a bit and layer another version of it an octave down to add some depth.  YEA! ITS A FRUITY REVOLUTION!
#9June 29th, 2007 · 04:26 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
22 posts
United States of America
pretty good fruity loops song. It could use some inputed instruments and such  but i think you did a pretty good song for an industrial electronica
#10June 30th, 2007 · 06:04 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
Drums are life less but it works.

As for the Synth Lead (FL SLAYER?). I would change it to a decent sample / sampler on a decent effects chain. It'll sound smoother as a synth and probably fit in alot more. (Keep the delay though - which may be the multitap - but replicate it with stereo delay.)
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 6:07 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.