#1June 3rd, 2005 · 12:50 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
2 posts
United States of America
Traveler
Score: 63.2%
Battle: 2005-07

I think this song has great potential. It was pretty much my test song - the first one that i did using sonar 3 (or any multitrack recording program for that matter). I spent a lot of time getting it to where it is, but it still isn't finished. the vocal track only completes one verse. lead guitar is a tad too loud. I used too much distortion in those days anyway. The drums on this one are also loops because, again, no drummer. still, I had a blast recording and producing this song.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 14th, 2005 · 02:16 PM
12 threads / 9 songs
142 posts
United States of America
That's the beauty of music, it is fun.  When its fun, it shows, and this song has real energy, even in its incomplete form, I can tell you were there.
And the loops work, even if the drums are a little low. I want to hear this again when its more complete.
#3June 14th, 2005 · 04:28 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
I liked that It was chilled...

My only recommendation would be that you read up on compression (get some decent plugins) to keep the different elements in focus - your vocals seemed to drop out of the mix...That and the clean (phased?) guitar(s) were out of tune particularly at the start...doesnt sound good live let alone in a mix.

Was cool though, liked the 'distant' lead tone - perhaps a little more presence in the mix would help but it had a nice creamy sound to it.

Definitely has protential, would be really nice to here a final finished song, and with attention to the stereo positioning/EQ/compression of the different elements to create a less 'muddy' mix.
#4June 28th, 2005 · 07:15 AM
8 threads / 3 songs
102 posts
United Kingdom
Cool first recording, my first attempts sounded awful... I agree with dave n soni, if you can re-do the mix down to get the levels a bit better you could be on to a winner with this one... I liked it
#5June 28th, 2005 · 11:39 AM
3 threads / 1 songs
94 posts
United States of America
I like!  But I disagree that your lead is too loud.  It's too quiet and needs some more treble in my opinion.  Your solos are great.
#6July 19th, 2005 · 05:53 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
!!!
that was frickin awesome with the guitar part right after your recorded vocal.

my words can't do it justice.  i really like that part.  REALLY like   awesome flow.  a good drummer would make this thing a superhero.
#7July 21st, 2005 · 05:09 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
For a first time recording this is amazing. The vocals were a bit drowned and the guitar was too loud in parts. This song could be a killer - I hope you finish it up and repost it!
#8July 22nd, 2005 · 11:45 AM
well i dont know wat to say on this 1 i liked it wen it got goin although i felt tht sum of the guitar was a bit repetive but still a gd track with loads of potetial gd luck with it.
#9July 22nd, 2005 · 01:10 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
United States of America
Dude. Your solo is perfect for the song. And there's nothing wrong with using loops at all.
Though, I think you may want to mix the song better - the vocals seem to stand very far out of place from the music.
#10July 25th, 2005 · 12:06 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
31 posts
United States of America
Wonderful
Great song, if you finish it, by which i mean the words and you know, just those little bits of tinsel, this song would rock the block off.
#11July 28th, 2005 · 06:49 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
30 posts
United States of America
This song is pretty rockin'.  I love the sweet guitar right after the vocals!  I am definitely lookin forward to a more complete version.
#12July 28th, 2005 · 12:48 PM
34 posts
United Kingdom
We have something in common
The first song I am hoping to post is the first time I'd used a recording program. It had muulti tracks. I'm not sure if they all do. Any way, I know the feeling you get when you'ved finnished. Imideatly exciting then you notice all the things you want to hange and the tediouse work starts again. Its really good though. Have fun :-)
#13July 29th, 2005 · 11:18 AM
29 threads / 21 songs
75 posts
United Kingdom
try using some harmonies to smooth it out a bit. the clean flanger sound sounds nice, i take it it's unfinished by the lack of vocals lol. good start though. i love the guitar sound you have.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 5:19 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.