#1June 2nd, 2007 · 11:01 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
16 posts
United States of America
December Rain

This song is not in a battle

This was my first attempt at songwriting. The older version wasn't very great, so I cleaned it up and rerecorded it (with new strings!).
The thunderstorm in the background was taken from one of those "soothing sounds" cds I had laying around.

Enjoy!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 2nd, 2007 · 03:52 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Very nice.  Your technique is excellent--you've been trained in flamenco?

I love the tone of your guitar when you start playing the esteban-esque sequence around 2:30.  I also love the dissonant chords just after the minute mark.  Your fingerpicking is excellent, but your rasguedo needs some work.  Sounds like your fingernails may not be long enough?  Hard to tell.

I like it alot though, show me more.
#3June 2nd, 2007 · 05:15 PM
4 threads / 1 songs
8 posts
United Kingdom
Very nice, some of the coincidences between the storm and the guitar are very..."exciting"? Especially at the beginning of the faster bit nearer the end. The real one complaint I have is that, for me, the change from the strummed chords to the picked line at around 1.29 is a little 'inorganic'... it feels a little bit like those metallica solos where kirk has two bits that he wants to go one after the other, so he plays them one after the other rather than bridging it.
But that doesnt really matter so much... specially seeing as this is your first attempt! Very nice
#4June 2nd, 2007 · 06:36 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Excuse me I feel I need to go to the toilet! lol

Amazing guitar work!
The rain is a bit much, I'd say some more storm, vary the rain, strings, mood........O no! riders on the storm again!!!!!
#5June 2nd, 2007 · 06:36 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
first songwriting
fabulous guitar and great use of samples..........

not a song though .................no words?

something else quite beautiful

thanx the fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 2nd, 2024 · 1:36 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.