#1June 1st, 2007 · 05:47 PM
4 threads / 1 songs
8 posts
United Kingdom
Forming

This song is not in a battle

This piece was improvised to the greatest extent you can when you're playing all the instruments... so I sat behind the drums and jammed for a while then did the same with bass, guitar, vocals etc. Then I added the little extra bits in...
The vocals in the background are from a 30minute ambient piece I did on an entirely different day to help me get to sleep... I thought they'd go well behind the song.... give its some texture, like some of the stuff devin townsend puts behind a SYL song sometimes. I fully appreciate that the mixing/editing/ tempo varies throughout the song, and that there are mistakes... but i've kinda come to like them... hope you do too!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 1st, 2007 · 06:45 PM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
I feel you...
Kewl, I get to deflower another one..
I do like being the first!!!  not leaning
in any direction with my critiques other
then my own!
my mind is swept away and put in a realm
of those Chamber Thresholds from the
sixties.. I use to love to embark on journeys
of a morrison type nature...  I have done it
in a natural way too.. a three day sweat lodge..
the medical explanation roughly is that while
enduring the heat and fasting, the body
eliminates alot of the poisons and bad chemicals
it has stored up in the body... and a little rough
example would be if a person still has his tonsils..
these would also start to eliminate under such
conditions.. 
  I really like what you have done here!  and to
finish the overall thought, it makes me want to
open up my mind and sweat all  of the impurities,
attempting to only allow  thoughts of my choice..

Blessings and Merrie's,

Blueyes - Dan
#3June 2nd, 2007 · 05:59 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Listening......
Long intro, I do like it, love the double hits worked into the drums,
Very trippy!  Vocal is too low, and your screams sound disturbingly insane! lol Don't know if I'd trust you either!!
The 'playing' faults I can live with, but the bass growling that sometimes distorts my speakers is a shame and spoils a really amazing song.
I'd sooner call this an amazing attempt at a wedding cake than call it a jam!  
Heard.....
Wow! really amazing piece, pity about the bass burps in the beginning!
So is this done and dusted and all played out or are you going to 'seriously' record (not jam) it again?

[edit] Did you record this on your lap-top? Because it's a little over a year ago that you posted your first thread! lol
#4June 2nd, 2007 · 04:50 PM
4 threads / 1 songs
8 posts
United Kingdom
I kinda forgot about this website for a while... but yeah I record on my laptop, whic I've gotten used to a bit now. I think it would sort of be a shame not to re-do this one, but then again I dont think I could get the same atmosphere when its not just sort of "coming to me"... we will see hjow I feel about it when my exams are done... I know what you mean about the bass-thing... it seems to only be a problem when I convert from wav to mp3 (any suggestions?).

Blue-eyes; its interesting you talk about the sweatlodge, because I base a decent proportion of my creativity on shamanism, and how it says the universe works... not that I've "done" a sweat lodge.
#5June 2nd, 2007 · 07:00 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Would sound amazing live!
A real time Floyd trip!
So setting it up as a 'playable' piece would be cool! 
#6June 2nd, 2007 · 07:20 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Forming
as i hear..................
long note.......................v long note...................dms..wheres the hook??  haha..give it time......bass...............guit............
its forming.................
slow 2 get 2 gether ...........................where r we going.......loud .....................louder................ a voice.................no ........... a guitar.......... scream!!!!.......got this far........... hey heeeeeey trust me!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 12:10 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.