#1May 26th, 2007 · 03:50 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
City In Turmoil

This song is not in a battle

Well here it is.

This song is nearly 3 years in the making.

2 years to write, 1 year to actually get the CD with the song on!

I wrote the song during my GCSE Music Course (September 2005 - June 2006).

I didn't actually get the CD with it on until yesterday (25th May 2007).

Anyway I told a few people about this roughly a year ago in the Bandamp Chat.

Puppet I'm sure you were one of the ones I told .

I really loved writing this song, and after waiting this long to listen to it again (yesterday was the first time I'd heard it myself in nearly a year), I really love listening to it.

There are a few problems though.

Quality - It's not perfect, but it's listenable.
PAGE TURNS! - GAH! Try to ignore them =].

What I would really love would be if someone can help me make a remake of this piece with really good (or at least better) quality. I can play the clarinet part, I need someone to actually notate and play the piano part. I don't have the sheet music for this . Anybody good at notating? Haha!

I would really love this because I would love to enter it into the UK SONGWRITING CONTEST!

Thanks for reading guys and gals, I hope you enjoy this piece of music!

Cheers!

Pete.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 26th, 2007 · 05:34 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
It's very sad
Nice melody. It sounds very 'down in Paris', though the very last note does bring a glimmer of hope! lol
I think I'd like to hear this done with Accordion and an organ sound of some kind!

I got a 1 in my music GCSE , for writing my name ! I don't know if I should be proud of that or not , but I still find it dead funny!!! 
#3May 26th, 2007 · 06:03 PM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
I say...
well let's see what we have here now...
I like it! do not forget that while I am
critiquing it.. ok? remember now, I do
like it!!
 1) you need a pianist that will play the
written part all the way through rather
then trying to anticipate you..
 2) you should have your part memorized
enough to not have to turn pages..
 3) then you may consider working out a
woodwinds ensemble movement with it..
 4) and I can hear a brass quartet part in
there too... with trumpet or french horn
doing the lead line in one section...

ok baby..  I just went ahead copy - pasted
this from our conversation in the chat room..
so much easier then having to type it all over..
you remember the conversation well enough
to know how this all was put together in there.
so we neither one have to worry about anyone
taking things out of context.. ;-)  my little
disclaimer!! ;-D

blessings,

Dan - Bluey
#4May 26th, 2007 · 08:42 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Nice chords, lovely music. I'm not sure how it took you a year to write though  . Wonderfully played clarinet. If you got this properly recorded it would sound quite nice indeed.
#5May 27th, 2007 · 10:22 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
lovely and gorgeous music. a very moody waltz.

there is no problem for a keyboarder to play this into a midi sequencer software and print out that sheet. there are a few programs out there like "noteworthy" or so to print out midi notes

hope someone is doing it someday
#6May 27th, 2007 · 10:57 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
impressive, this is a really good piece. I listen to a lot of classical music at work (I find it very soothing, and prefer it greatly over commercial-ridden pop/rock radio) and this would fit right in... Ok - without the page turns, and maybe with a bit brighter / more defined sounding piano part. But that said it's a well written piece, and keeps one listening all the way to the end.
#7May 27th, 2007 · 11:12 AM
13 threads / 7 songs
167 posts
Ireland
Awesome, page turns and all
#8August 3rd, 2007 · 06:40 AM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for the comments guys.

It took about 1 year to write thinking about it but that was only because I was lazy, and most of the time was spent thinking about what I could write

The time from when I composed the main tune to when it was recorded was a lot less.
#9August 3rd, 2007 · 12:06 PM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
Good song - needs work
I am going to focus my complaints on production, as I see nothing wrong with the composition itself. Take this as high praise - I have no problem with the song. The keyboard is muddy enough that I could not distinguish the notes. Very irritating. This would make the transcription awkward at best. The clarinet is miked such that some of the higher notes really sting. Again, this is a recording quality issue and not composition. Which is again a pity: I would have preferred to just listen to the piece rather than have to keep stopping. Which is where the page turning comes in. Eeek!

Snap judgment: good demo. Not finished. Please redo this. If I was going to suggest a rearrangement, it would be to rerecord the keys separately, add very light percussion about halfway in and (possibly) substitute the clarinet for a soprano sax. If you love the clarinet and wrote it for this I apologize. I personally would have substituted an oboe, but I am not crazy enough to suggest anyone try to use such a thing without extensive training. Purely a tone color thing to me.

Very cool.
#10August 5th, 2007 · 11:30 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Love this with clips and all.Lovely piece of music.I wish I could write stuff like this!!!
Very nice.Hope someone helps you redo it so you can enter the contest!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:59 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.