#1May 5th, 2007 · 04:32 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Shinin Down On Me
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 13 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-06

I recorded this a couple of years back on a tape multi-tracker, off the cuff. I'm looking for somebody to collaborate on the lyrics. I think it may just need a couple of verses. also keen to hear general comments on what to do with the song.

Denis

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 5th, 2007 · 11:45 AM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
The ultimate feel good track, i really like it, i havent tried yet but i hope i can download it, this is the kind of stuff i love to listen to after a crazy night out as the suns just coming up could just soak this song right up and feel good about, it's so simple but SO effective, i think this is definately your best track, you could take it a few ways i quite like it as just the acoustic and vocals, but it would also work really well with just a bass and some chill drums coming in half way through like a climbing bass thats got a quite a melody to it, like bom bom be de bom bom badda badaa bom bom, if that makes any sense but like climbing up, im singing the bass hre, maybe if i can download it i'll try layer whats going on in my head and post it up
#3May 6th, 2007 · 03:51 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Wow Devo,

I'm overwhelmed with your comments. I hoping to get some more reviews it would be interesting to see what others think.

The Bom Bom thing I take it is the rhythm pattern?

Denis
#4May 6th, 2007 · 11:20 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I agree with Devo this is awesome man like always great job.Your music is getting better again and again.Full vote from me.
#5May 7th, 2007 · 04:15 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Thanx
Marino wrote…
I agree with Devo this is awesome man like always great job.Your music is getting better again and again.Full vote from me.

Thanx Marino, it does inspire me to hear these comments.

Bless you.

Denis
#6May 7th, 2007 · 04:32 AM
2 posts
Malaysia
Nice unplug song.. It's good even with a little lyrics. I've never heard your other works before so I can't compare, but this piece is good.. 
#7May 8th, 2007 · 08:26 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
nice and happy. the guitars not as complicated as your other songs but still effective, and good as ever. Yeah, i think a few different lines of vocals would be good. it would be cool if you emphasise those backing vox a bit more, poss even evolve it into a gospel choir type thing through the song.
 I'd like to hear a little melodic guitar solo towards the end. 

Ian
#8May 11th, 2007 · 08:27 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
SirBorris wrote…
nice and happy. the guitars not as complicated as your other songs but still effective, and good as ever. Yeah, i think a few different lines of vocals would be good. it would be cool if you emphasise those backing vox a bit more, poss even evolve it into a gospel choir type thing through the song.
 I'd like to hear a little melodic guitar solo towards the end. 

Ian

Thanx Ian for your comments, very intersting about the gospel choir idea, wow.

There is plenty of space to create around this song, I hope there's sombody who will collab on the lyrics with me, it's seldom I get the inspiration for lyrics.

All the best.

Denis
#9June 1st, 2007 · 05:29 PM
4 threads / 1 songs
8 posts
United Kingdom
That was cool stuff. I especially like the little spoken/chortled lyrics.
I dont think it really begs any more words... If you overcomplicated it too much it might lose some of its charm?
#10June 2nd, 2007 · 02:00 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Denis I have a vocal idea for you, it goes a little bit like this :

Sun shine down
Sun shining on down
I see the sun shining down
I feel the sun shining on down...
     Shining on me
     Shining on me
Feel so good
feel so warm
Sometimes get hot
feel every bone
Know what I mean
When you feel real good
Ooooo
I see the sun shinning down
I feel the sun shinning down
   Shining on me
I see
 I feel
I feel
Makes you feel good
Makes you feel warm
Sometimes get hot
Even reborn
Ha! that's the word
Even reborn
Mmm I see the sun shining down
I feel the sun shining down
I see the sun shining down
O the sun shining down

There on me
There on me
The sun is shining
Shining on me
Feel the sun
See the sun
Shining down on me.....

You know your a funking star, your like the Water Boys and Mark Knobler rolled into one!!! 

Really like your sun song.
On a serious tone I do have 'sun' lyrics floating around , they could fit to this but the truth is I think your jam lyrics are superb!
#11June 2nd, 2007 · 04:00 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
This is awesome--reminds me of "Wild Horses" by the Stones.  You've got a great old-school vibe in your voice that I dig.  The song works, in my opinion.  Maybe a solo, but I don't know if I would touch the vocals.  A bassy stringed instrument like a cello or something towards the end could be cool.
#12June 3rd, 2007 · 09:51 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Love the song, but then I am a sucker for acoutic stuff hehe. It sounds like something out of O brother whr art thou. I like the lyrics the way they r but tht me.
#13June 7th, 2007 · 07:19 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Goddamn man, I can't stop listening to this.

I love Bandamp.
#14June 25th, 2007 · 03:30 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Holy shit Denis
This is great man
Nice work also  Kings

Flyer

Will Rate
#15July 4th, 2007 · 01:25 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Great tune, man!  Now, up the BPMs to about 173 and throw a break on it!  Nah just kidding man!  Great Tune!  Voting!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 6:36 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.