Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 2nd, 2007 · 09:22 AM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
re: Slavik the Punk
bgrm wrote…
Slavik is a Russian man's name.
Should be, really, "Slavik the Ukrainian Punk".  In the USSR circa 1978 where Sex Pistols, Clash, Jam or any other Western LPs (that's CDs for you, people) were obtainable on a black market only such a name was a contradiction in terms and sounded hilarious.  Nowdays there are even Ukrainian "rappers" on MTV which is...well, still contradiction in terms.
#3May 15th, 2007 · 05:14 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
lol it moves like the beach boys to me, lol
#4May 15th, 2007 · 05:22 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
A bit of history here.Most excellent stuff bgrm.Is is reminiscent of 50's rock meets The clash.Wish could understand what your saying but I still can appreciate it though.This was pretty tight also for a live take!Voted!
#5May 15th, 2007 · 08:00 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Uh huh got my head rocking good,I'm a sucker for tone like this , retro sputnik board waxing beach vibe is what comes to mind.
bgm Come and play the big surf clubs in Australia.
East Coast tour ,summer ,byron bay , surfers paradise ,bondi beach  and nobbies , best break eva.
The beer is cold the girls are warm and the beaches are the best in the world.

we'd take you to heart like long lost punk surf buddies
#6May 16th, 2007 · 11:57 AM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
I was fighting bgrm for months against putting those old recordings on the Amp.  As always, when it comes to musical choices, bgrm was right. Your kind words, Dark, Marino and blakhatz, attest to that.  Anyway, the basic tracks of the 2007 studio recording of "Slavik the Ukrainian punk" are already laid down and, God's willing, the posting of a finished product is a matter of couple of months.

Hey, comrades blakhatz, sputnik retro punks may come one day to check your beer, girls and beaches. The punks will bring the vodka.  Regards to all.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 10:31 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.