#1April 30th, 2007 · 06:15 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
15 posts
United States of America
Embrace My Solitude
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 12 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-05

Song about wanting my solitude so I can write music.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 30th, 2007 · 07:53 PM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
Woa...
the noise takes away from the overall experience..
but dig the hint of a Jethro Tull influence.. ya really
need to visit and re-record all of it in a decent ol
studio..

blessings,

Blueyes - Dan
#3April 30th, 2007 · 10:36 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Good job here Mark it sounds like you have a good taste for melodies.Great harms.Performance is a little shaky and there's a bit of a buzz in the background.The vox is a little down and muddled in the mix.I do think this has great potential I would work on it a bit more.Very nice material though!!!
Gets nice vote
There is some resourses available in the recording tab if you're open to suggestions anyway good job!
#4May 1st, 2007 · 04:54 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Welcome
The song gets off to a nice start, your vox are nice.

Denis
#5May 1st, 2007 · 09:17 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
very nice. good use of instruments. i like the drums, there abit unusual. recording issues have already been mentioned but all in all, nice song. Ya need a good old guitar solo at the end. 

Ian
#6May 1st, 2007 · 09:24 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah good one indeed.
Lyrics and melody lines are spot on.
Once again I think the drums don't do justice to the song I'd rather without them, they are sometimes off beat and overdone.
Not good for a great song like this.
Cheers
Geo
#7May 2nd, 2007 · 10:52 AM
13 threads / 13 songs
84 posts
Croatia (Hrvatska)
Timing is a bit off torught whole song....use metronome, try making a few more takes every time u record...I sometimes record drums for a few hours...samoe for guitars and vocals...my neighbours are crazy from my singing, but that's what you have to do to make it good. Anyway, nice mood. Sounds interesting.... I'm not really used to this kind of music but it surely is interesting. I like acoustic guitar the most...

Spoony
#8May 2nd, 2007 · 12:24 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
15 posts
United States of America
Hey Spoonman!
Hey Spoonman!  You're right, I do tend to write and record the same day, post it, get feedback, and then revise.  I appreciate your insight.  Yeah, vocals always could use improvement.  My composing has been taking all my time.  I need to go back and refine everything.  Thanks.  Mark
#9May 3rd, 2007 · 04:03 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Well, I do the sloppy playing and vocals too, so there's no problem there as far as I'm concerned!!!

As far as the song is concerned, I really like it.  Very relaxed sound, nice instrumental mix, good vocal delivery (which perhaps could just be varied a little more),lovely vocal harmonies, and nice playing

The actual recording is a bit muffled, but you can probably fix that fairly easily.

Not sure about the Jethro Tull similarity that Blue says; OK, you use a flute, but that's where it stops for me.... you sound like Mark Christopher to me

Good stuff - keep it up
#10May 10th, 2007 · 10:00 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
nice layered vox. They probably need to come up a bit in the mix, especially during the chorus. The beginning is a bit abrupt.

Overall I thought this was good.
#11May 11th, 2007 · 01:40 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
6 posts
United States of America
Nice vocals- works well with the song
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 17th, 2024 · 9:34 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.