#1April 29th, 2007 · 10:27 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
26 posts
United States of America
The White Room
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 5 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-06

I know this is probably not gonna fly good here, my String Concerto didn't attract much of the interest, but here we go anyway... 8-)

This is less than 2 minutes orchestral movie theme I did for a production company requesting something emotional using only piano and cello. It was a rush job so I came up with this in about 20 minutes and I didn't play much with the sample selection, so the cello sounds little bit more rich than just a cello, but it did the job... 8-)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 30th, 2007 · 01:41 AM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Not bad at all.  I can picture a rainy night or somethinglike that.  At spots it kind of "stops" the deliver of the emotion, wich cuts the overall feeling.

but nice work
#3April 30th, 2007 · 03:06 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
It get s better as the song goes, I can feel the emotion, so you have done a good job. The cello sounds more like violin, sounds too high for cello?

Nice job.

Denis
#4April 30th, 2007 · 03:55 PM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
Very Nice!!
This is great!!!  I could feel it.. I love compositions like this..
Denis made the statement it sounded high for a cello, but
hey, even for a viola wasn't that a little on the low end for
violins??  he's got a good ear though, was on the high end
of the cello registry for sure...  but again it sounded great!
 It got one of the highest rating for me..

Blessings,

Dan - Blueyes
#5May 1st, 2007 · 12:28 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
iv listened to your string concerto aswell and i think you have a real talent for composition.
 this song is great and i can really see it (or hear it) being used in a film. The cello sounds a bit fake, theres nothing like the real thing, but that can be fixed at a later date.

good work

Ian
#6May 1st, 2007 · 08:46 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
The rests only add to the emotion. I really felt it, even while only half-listening to it the first time.

I really like it, even after the 3rd listen. I think the production company will be pleased.
#7June 1st, 2008 · 10:58 PM
2 threads
6 posts
United States of America
The piano sounds a little harsh when you strike the underlying chord, and the melody is drowned out for a beat or two. Also, I know you said the sample was a rush choice, but the part sounds like it was written outside the cello's normal range of C two octaves below middle C and C two octaves above middle C. As a cellist I think I can safely say that that is the range I am most comfortable in. Also, I've had my cello line double the right hand of a piano before ( in a quintet ) and the timbre was really unique, because as the note length increases, the piano's tone dies, and the cello's note volume swells with vibrato. To be fair, that was one time with one style of music, but you should really ask yourself about doubling the melody in piano and cello. Try to go for down two octaves or give it some harmony line as you do later. But the cello's entrance will have and odd acoustic sound that you may not have anticipated...
All in all, the piece will be great background music, but sounds repetitive stand alone.
Good overall
#8June 4th, 2008 · 07:48 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
11 posts
United States of America
cool man.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 2:52 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.