It’s in the battle 2007-05

Thought, I'd give writing a Goth Rock track

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 27th, 2007 · 03:44 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
Hello

goth is not my style but i can always appreciate the music. It wouldnt sound that gothic if it didnt have the bell tolls in it anyway. its got a progressive feel to it which is cool but i kinda expected it to be longer.
 I really like the intro (bar the bells).  the music flows very well, and the ethereal vox are cool.

keep it up

Ian
#3April 27th, 2007 · 04:02 PM
27 threads / 26 songs
83 posts
Russia
Interesting. It gives sometimes the impression of solo inversion like in Lennon's Tomorrow Never Knows. Nice listening.
#4April 27th, 2007 · 04:35 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Sounds like a scary movies music background.Well done
The drums are a little to drum machine like compared to the rest of the recording sounds, but all in all is a pretty well put together piece!!!!
#5May 1st, 2007 · 05:27 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yea celtaidd and a half matey!
Very Very nice, very dark very deliberate! very haunting! Like it a lot.
I did expected it to 'take off' somewhere! But that's my hot blooded preference! The mood in this is deep, making 2:45 indeed short! Poo short!

The beginnings like Hells Bell and Money for Nothing mixed together ! lol

Love the timing on the Bell!

Mm! Still feels like the beginning of something totally amazing, yet to come!!

O yea! "Therell be a welcome' at bandAmp", Hope you stick around! 
#6May 2nd, 2007 · 10:49 AM
13 threads / 13 songs
84 posts
Croatia (Hrvatska)
Verynice intro...try to find a bit better drums samples, or try puting some effects on them to sound more strogner, realistic...anyway, cool idea...but it's lika a big intro...now we need song. Or this is like first intro track to album What programs u use, thise samples? Sounds really cool...

Spoon
#7May 7th, 2007 · 04:41 AM
6 threads
138 posts
India
i like the feel this track has. very raw......sound great. you can work in lot of different stuff, which would make it more heavy and dark.

great job, looking forward to more goth.

voted.
#8May 27th, 2007 · 04:32 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
certainly nice, great deep sound. the main distorted guitar strumming could use more edge and clarity, right now it sounds muffled. I don't mind about the drum sounds, early goth music was often made with the then-new drum machines, they didn't sound any better at all!

Great work on the vox, very haunting. Are those samples, or is it you (with lotsof reverb on it?) A track like this brings back a LOT of memories!

And yes it's a short track. I guess it qualifies as a "study" in which you try different things to see how they work. Well, it works!
#9October 21st, 2007 · 12:29 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
Nice!
I think that you do a great job creating an atmosphere in your work! Good stuff!
#10October 21st, 2007 · 03:37 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
i like gothic
you have talent .   i have had many a dark thoughts whilst listening... not a lot of music lets me think like that....will rate....
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 10:08 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.