#1April 27th, 2007 · 06:36 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Nightworld 3

This song is not in a battle

Ok, I haven't used FL in a few days, bandamp's been a little quiet. So, I thought, hey, it's the weekend. I whipped this up in less than an hour. Number three in my planned Nightworld series. I'd like to write a passage for this a little later. This turned out much more synth sounding than I originally wanted, but it wasn't the piano style i was aiming for, so I'll keep that for later. Once I realised what I was working with, I decided to experiment with effects, and I think I have some creative chaos in here.
Seeing as I went for a more techno sounding track, I made a glitch drum loop "sandwich" and had a fair bit of repetition throughout. Hope you enjoy.

WB

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 27th, 2007 · 07:02 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
I think I might write something about a ghost town for this. I'd really like a female voice over for this once I have the tale written.
#3April 27th, 2007 · 08:03 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
i like it, its very atmospheric.
 cool drum track, but it comes in very suddenly and almost blows your head off (especially if your wearing headphones).
 i personally am not a fan of programmed music, it just sounds a bit unnatural and a bit too perfect. however this is very creative. some ethereal female vocals would suit this.

keep up the good work

Ian
#4April 27th, 2007 · 03:17 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
It's not quite anymore
Funny I've had a dry spell in my creative section. nice to see you made an effort to get the ball rolling, the drums definitly kik off. You have inspired me to upload a jam I did in the week. Like the synth keyboard, i think you could create something good with this.

Denis
#5April 27th, 2007 · 04:41 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I see you've updated your sounds and you're a lot more skillful at FL(or you have discovered them LOL).I'm very Impressed.Cool piece of music.Dude you r becoming a one class act.Good for you!!!Gets super vote!!!
#6April 27th, 2007 · 11:49 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Thanks repliers!
SirBorris:
After listening through the track 10-20 times and changing and altering little things I knew the drums were loud, but upon relistening, it has an initial kick to it. I'm glad you enjoy the atmosphere of it, I'm learning the atmosphere of the digital effects while trying to recreate a romantic/20th century era piano, but the swing and miss of writing in that style has allowed me to uncover a little more about my digital setup.

Denis:
I'm so glad it inspired you. I write this on a rush, for the enjoyment I get out of it, and it makes my day to see others get something out of it too. I'll check out the song in a min.

Marino:
Yes, I'm working and experimenting with things I haven't used too boldly in the past. I had two glitch drum loops playing simultaneously. I had a concert piano instrument playing with a delay, flanger and a couple of other effects. Theres a fast bassline that is really faint in the piano. And there's a VST bass preset that I used, that had just the thing the song needed, the slow moving bass.

Cheers for the comments.
I Appreciate them a lot.

WB
#7April 28th, 2007 · 12:44 AM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
I like the keys arpeggios, do you actually play that or it's programmed?
There's something a bit too loud, maybe the drums
I like those low key synths also
Cheers
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 1:58 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.