#1April 23rd, 2007 · 10:05 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
16 posts
United Kingdom
Janie Said (version)
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 11 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-05

Musing about the perception of beauty and aging...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 23rd, 2007 · 11:22 AM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Hello Hat!

Although I can't say I'm carzy about Janie said, I really liked it. Some nice riffs going on there, as Flyer says.
Hmm... what else..... I think it's somewhat similar to what JiminUK does. Maybe it's all about being British, dunno. Where about are you from?

The song could use some more definite bass ( I mean mor bassy bass). I quess there;'s a lot to build upon in this song.

Thanks for posting.
Best of luck,
Jim
#3April 23rd, 2007 · 11:27 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Welcome!
Wow this is pretty cool - a style of rock I can surely appreciate. I'm hearing post-punk and wave influences. I love that ambient solo sound. A good lyric and vocal line also as far as I can hear, the vocal performance could be brushed up a little though, maybe use a better compression/eq and perhaps layered a couple of times to give it a subtle stereo spread.

For the guitars, they're coming from dead center, it would be great to layer that twice left and right to give a some boost. But, style wise and construction wise I give it a top rating - production wise it's pretty neat, what I said are just some minor suggestions. You did a great job on the drums programming btw!

Well well that for your first critique.. Welcome to this lovely community we call BandAMP, hope you enjoy your stay!
#4April 23rd, 2007 · 11:27 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
welcome.

This is good. I like the composition and the change at 1.50. The vox needs more emotion tho.

Ian
#5April 23rd, 2007 · 11:28 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
haha JBP beat me to commenting. I'm  getting Deja Vu...
#6April 23rd, 2007 · 12:53 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
nice work. Reminds me a bit of early REM (better, actually, but that is only my opinion). Nice dynamics (soft vs hard parts). I like the driving rhythms, the minor chords. Like the soft jazzy octave guitar work, followed by a grinding overdriven guitar. This song is "dance-able", real toe-tapper!
#7April 23rd, 2007 · 02:03 PM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
great song
bro, ya got one hell'va number here.. expect
the next to be nothing less.. welcome to the
amp, hope you enjoy your stay with us...

blessings,

Dan - Blueyes
#8April 23rd, 2007 · 03:32 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yo Hat , you've heard the rest, I'd like to add, love the song, want to post the lyrics?
Love to hear you give the vocal a bit more Northern Bollocks though and I'd be dead chuffed! 
#9April 23rd, 2007 · 07:54 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
yeah , just like he said
Familiar and fresh is what springs to mind .
Welcome 2 the amp looking forward 2 more from you.
Textures on guitar cool 2.
#10April 24th, 2007 · 02:03 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
look what you've done....

great guitar sound on a very good song.

song builtup is excellent

ok you can work a bit on this part and that part but I like it as it is.
#11April 25th, 2007 · 02:00 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
22 posts
Belgium
Superb
This is a very clean recording and it ROCKS.
I like the instrument variations and the song itself.
Good work, guys.
#12April 25th, 2007 · 03:03 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Nice stuff - ok, the vocals are wobbly at times but the backing music is well delivered and the whole song has a good construction and is decently recorded.

The lyrics had me hooked from the first line though "Janie said she failed the pencil test" very good imagery

So a little work needed on the vocal delivery and perhaps on the mix and post recording production as I feel there's some dynamics missing there somewhere.

But what a great first song post.  I expect excellent things from you
#13May 2nd, 2007 · 11:25 AM
13 threads / 13 songs
84 posts
Croatia (Hrvatska)
Nice guitar...i like the song, has good rhythm, good mood...distortion is  a bit....wierd, i'm not used to it...vocals are ok but you need yet a bit more power in it...so it would be reall rock song..

Spoony
#14May 7th, 2007 · 04:41 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
16 posts
United Kingdom
Gentlemen...
Thank you for your kind words. I'm taking all the suggestions (vocals - emotion/stereo, bass - more, l/r guitar) on board, as I've had a friend say almost exactly the same thing. I'm from the north of England if you must know. So then, this is for the boffins: Equipment used: iMac, SM57 and 58, Gatt Condenser mic, Marshall Capri guitar amp, Boss Overdrive2 pedal, Studio Master 12 Channel mixer, handmade electric guitar, music man copy bass. Software: Zygoat Doggiebox, Spark XL, Deck 3.0. No special plug-ins.
Regards.
Hat.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 3:14 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.