#1April 19th, 2007 · 01:25 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Tales From Nightworld

This song is not in a battle

Ok, I'd like to create a series of soundscapes, unusual in certain ways, and, like my original nightworld, have a written passage to add behind it. i'd like to build it up around this "Nightworld" idea, group them loosely around one set of values, but have several extremes. The first was an introduction, this one, I'd like to get a more storytelling feel to it. Some tracks  I write, I'd like to be hard hitting, whereas others just plain unusual and the conflict is overcoming a barrier of conventions to understand. I hope I can entertain you with obscurities with these.

I'll add the words I'd like spoked into it when I get round to writing them, but for now, hope you enjoy!

WB

P.S- I should come up with a better title later, when I get the writing done. I just don't know what it'll be about yet.

Cheers

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 19th, 2007 · 07:35 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice work WB.Love the classical noodle feel on the scale.The drum beat is very art music sounding if that makes sence.Anyway i enjoyed this piece it was fun to listen to.
gets my vote
#3April 19th, 2007 · 08:03 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Hows about "Tails From the Night World" lol   joking
this is cool
The high pitch might need to be EQ a lil lower perhaps...
Other then that   this recording is solid
as usual

Will Rate

Flyer
#4April 19th, 2007 · 08:13 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Sounds like some Keystone Cops Game!! lol
I do like it, it's exciting!
So whats the idea? Are you going to develop this as a song or do you want a guitar and 'song' around it again like 'Sudden Sunset'?
What kind of voice do you hear?
#5April 19th, 2007 · 09:09 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
High Pitch
Yeah, that was one thing I noticed.
I should probably try out the vocal part now. Here goes, listening though.
I see this forming as more of very short "tales" enhanced through the music. That's why I'd like a spoken word over it.

Named: The Light

I sat in the darkness. I had been there for many years, near on infinity. I sat, in pure nothingness, my mind and soul were sealed away from everything. There was one time, my loop of lifestyle attempted a change, and a drastic one at that. It tried, it almost succeeded, but in the end, it failed. So, as it goes, the time of ultimate knowledge had reached me. Starting with a glance through the black, and grasping on something that did not belong. It was a light. It was very faint, but, from a lifetime of pitch darkness, this was my everything. At first, I just sat there, watching it, as if it were a strange neighbor. I sat for long periods of time without movement. But it teased me, it was there, in all its glamor, taunting me, calling to me to be with it, to bask in its infinite wisdom. So I stoop up, and started walking to it. You know what they say, never, NEVER, walk towards the light. But I did, I walked. I walked for years. It was always getting brighter. I ran, I ran so hard, and so fast, the darkness seemed so insignificant, almost nonexistent. I was getting closer to the source where my life would mean something. The white light was getting larger, I was getting closer and closer, running faster and faster, until I finally chanced upon meeting the light at the end of the tunnel. But it was a tunnel that did not exist, however, the light did exist. And I became part of its everything. I became everything. But I believed in an immortal that could not last. My infinity of ultimate knowledge passed by me in an instant. And as long as it took me to reach the light was as short as it disappeared and I was discarded into the blackness with the knowledge that I had everything, and I was wrong to desire such a thing. I knew I was back where I belonged.

There! Written on the spur of the moment.
Spoken word, maybe with an echo effect. I had a thought, as I plan to have numerous "tales" like this, it would be cool if I could get different AMPers to voice over the part, and capture the emotion in their voice, flowing through the music. I dunno how other people would see this sort of thing, I'm going out into a grey area aiming for unusual and unfamiliar thoughts. I have several ideas and thoughts for future tales, all based loosely around a theme of another world, namely "Nightworld" and the human psychology. One idea I'd like to bring to life is "The Man Who Bought The World". Strange, yes?

Cheers

WB
#6April 19th, 2007 · 09:36 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Ha! I wrote something years ago called, 'Sell the world to the people'!
I'd love to read out a passage for you, send it on in original format and you can edit it to the music as you see fit. Or are you looking for a 'producer' too!!! 
#7April 19th, 2007 · 10:14 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
lol
A producer.. eh?
Well, thinking about it just now, to edit it myself, I'd have to obtain some additional software. I'm trying to get audacity at the moment. Another learning curve.
Ok, installed audacity.
I could attempt at producing and mixing etc. but if you want, I'd love to pass it over to your proffesional hands.

Cheers

WB
#8April 23rd, 2007 · 09:16 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
and further more
According to the Wren and Stimpy guide to Utopian music producers hand book ....lets see ummm yeah a producer 's job is to lie around the pool quaffing Matias delegating  learning curves and channeling  mysterious planetary meridian lay lines.
WB ....was good for me ....was good for you also?
if you live in Sydney
we should get together mate.
love your ideas 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:21 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.