#1April 9th, 2007 · 05:46 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Night Set

This song is not in a battle

I think I've cured the hiss I was getting in my previous songs, I used my old Yamaha multi-track cassette recorder as a mixer to boost the pre amp on my digital workstation. Please comment on the quality of the recording, I really want to get the best quality out of the equipment I already have
I wrote this song about 25 years ago, added a bridge, which came unintentionally while I was recording it. The bridge is in the wrong place. I do  have a bass line for this song, don't know whether to add it to the song?

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 12th, 2007 · 04:50 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Recording
I thought the recording was atmospheric    Dunno how to describe it other than that, I could hear a slight echo sound that worked well for the atmosphere. I thought it was very nice, I liked the drums, and the guitar had a flamenco/spanish feel to it.

I think it's a great instrumental.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I could hear this sort of thing in an elevator or a mall.

Cheers

WB
#3April 12th, 2007 · 08:18 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Denis,
Good construction, great playing, very nice bit of music
As far as the recording is concerned, well you're still getting a fair amount of hiss in there!!!

It almost seems like you have some automatic recording level gizmo in there boosting the signal in the quieter bits (although maybe not, as it doesn't get progressively louder at the end).  There's definitely something not right there though!
#4April 12th, 2007 · 04:41 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
its alot better than the last song of yours i commented on, but in the long term i think you should aim for better hardware.

concerning the song; very nice. amazing guitar as ever, and i like the percussion, what do you use? it sounds quite woody and not too deep so im guessing just average bongos..

I could listen to this all day

Ian
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 7:30 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.