#1April 8th, 2007 · 12:34 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
CropCircles

This song is not in a battle

Ok, I think the synth sound on this one isn't too bad, but the next song I write out, I might try to get my head around the VST MindsAtPlay set me up with.

Lyrics are here: http://forum.bandamp.com/Lyrics_Review/47101.html
Needs vocals.
All comments/suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

WB

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 8th, 2007 · 12:24 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
What we have here is a Determined Musician..With Loads of desire
Keep it going Shane
This sounds Nice
Maybe a little repetitive..But, Thats just Me
Its a good recording
Sounds great
Nice work

Will
Rate

Flyer
#3April 8th, 2007 · 09:54 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Flyer
Thanks for the constant encouragement, yes, I see the repetitive side to this, I hope that it gets better with vox added, and if it still needs more, I'm sure I could snazz it up a bit and tweak etc... the next one I'm working on has the same tendancy (I think) so I'm trying to give the piano a bit more variety. Also, the songs that I've written earlier, the one's I haven't posted as audio yet, have the basic go back to chorus, go back to verse, etc etc, but as I write more, I'm keeping that in mind and trying to push forward, and so as I'm working in reverse order of that which I wrote the songs to which I'm posting the audio, you'll probably notice a decrease in quality, but I'll try and refresh the songs, and hopefully I can keep interest in my music.

Thanks Flyer.

Cheers

WB
#4April 8th, 2007 · 11:10 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
I, Myself, am a fan of repitition.(In moderation, of course).  Maybe its because Im coming from the dance/electronica genre?  Tasteful repitition is important for the listener to find a comfortable "groove" within the track to move their body to.  Its easier for a person to sway back and forth to a song that has a steady and repititious rythym than to a random constantly changing one.  This guy is going somewhere.  He already knows what needs to be done, its just the process of getting there from here, which IS a process or we'd all pickup an instrument and be musical gods.  Wb, be patient and picky when it comes to choosing your sounds.  Think of it as an audition and you're the producer...  you're not gonna let just anybody be in your masterpiece...  same with your music man.. demand the best and dont settle for less that you expect.  Your structure in my opinion is fine.  The play is a good one...  get the best actors you can find to portray it for you.
#5April 8th, 2007 · 11:14 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Crop Circles...
Mel Gibson comes to mind right now...

I like the synth sound as well, although, I think I may need to cover my head with aluminum foil to get it out of my head now....

It's been implanted like a tracker from an alien abduction... 

AAAAAAAaaRRRrrrrrGGGGGgggHHHhhhhh....

JimK  

BTW, all that nonsenses means I like it....
#6April 9th, 2007 · 03:46 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Beam me Up
I just love JimK's comments lol.

I get the feel of precession in your music. I too don't find it repetitive, you could always keep the groove and hear and there changes the voices. It's a great foundation for either an instrumental lead or vocal melody. Great work.

Denis
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 7:13 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.