1 2

#1April 7th, 2007 · 04:42 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
What Do You Expect?

This song is not in a battle

Very much "tongue in cheek" stuff, very quickly knocked together using Adobe Audition.
Virtually no processing on this, and minimal mixing.
I'll probably end up re-doing most of this, but would like to know what people think.

Edit:  Lyrics now posted here - http://forum.bandamp.com/Lyrics_Review/48991.html

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 7th, 2007 · 06:15 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Garage BAnd
GaRaGe bAnDs RoCk!!!!!

This has that garage band feel to it.....  And of course, the lyrics are pretty cool....  But I really love the drum s.....

Really cool......

ROCK ON MAN!!!!

JimK
#3April 7th, 2007 · 06:22 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks Jim - drums programmed with Alesis SR16 (Christmas present!)
#4April 7th, 2007 · 06:58 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
lol  your mother in law   ...  hmm  I better hush on that
since it reminds me of the ones Ive had
this has a classic sound Jim
not a bad recording
lol..I like the lyrics
nice Guitar
good harmonies
your voice in unique
very nice
I like your singing stlye

will rate

Flyer
#5April 7th, 2007 · 06:59 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Jiminuk wrote…
Thanks Jim - drums programmed with Alesis SR16 (Christmas present!)
:D

Well, it was a MERRY CHRISTMAS!  I would like to have one myself....  ;-)

JimK
#6April 7th, 2007 · 09:00 PM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
Gotta Luv Em
gotta luv those alesis drum machines huh bro? I know I love me.. I have a yamaha DD5 drum machine too.. but I really want, worse then the dd5 is a roland quadra pad or octa pad.. rather have the old original quadra pad though.. love them things.. since I ain't a drummer anyway...
  Oh yea, review the song right? the song really does have that southern rock or garage band feel.. gotta agree with JimK on that one.. but hey I happen to like my mum-n-law.. very nice lady...  now when it comes to me own mum.. well that's a totally different jackass...  the subject of, that is... definately needs some polish, but is a great song...

Blessings,

Danny - Blueyes
#7April 7th, 2007 · 09:54 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
cool. very profesional sounding. love that solo, guitar tone is ace. maybe the drums could come up in the mix, real ones would sound better, but anyway, very good song.  The lyrics just make it better, lol.

Ian
#8April 8th, 2007 · 04:45 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks all for your comments - this really is a very basic recording; more just to get it down so I can hear the way it sounds.  I posted it to see what people think, and so far it's all positive.

I intend to re-do this almost completely only leaving the drums from the original recording.  I've already remixed this scratch track slightly just to see how it will sound, bringing both the drums and bass up in the mix.  It'll be a few weeks before I get the chance to do the proper recording though.

So until then, and helpful suggestions would be gratefully appreciated........

#9April 8th, 2007 · 05:38 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Hey JIM I have the SR 16 too It rocks!!!!!
I really like what you're going for.Some really good mixes at times going on.The guitar tone on the solo is really good!But the bass playing is really awesome i wish it was more present on the mix it has a great groove.
Koodos!
Gets v!
#10April 9th, 2007 · 03:19 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Big Snare
I agree with most of the comments that have been made. The other thing that came to me is to have a dominant snare in the mix, although the mix for the drums did sound a little flat. Great song, I like your vocal tone, in fact for a moment it reminded me of old 'ZAPPA'

Denis
#11April 15th, 2007 · 04:01 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
ehehehehe funny lyrics ahahaha u have a falling out recently? would mention the drums being low in the mix but as u said it's a rough recording, should do it again, the lyrics make this one a classic... keep on venting through music, i like how it turns out
#12April 16th, 2007 · 06:54 AM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: What Do You Expect?
this is going to polish up into a great song.......

guitar needs to 'push' this song along ... a la zz top

hey heres a picture of the one i got last tuesday

here to you jim

the fish 
#13April 16th, 2007 · 12:33 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
SR16
I could instantly hear it ... it's a good lil machine innit?!

heh, this is a pretty cool concept! I actually read the lyrics first before listening and had formed a basic idea of what it would sound like, seems I wasnt too far off!

yeah this definately deserves a re-do with some more attention to processing and mixing.

thank god: I don't have a mother in law! (theres a price to that tho )
#14April 23rd, 2007 · 01:47 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
16 posts
United Kingdom
Wheeltappers
and Shunters Social Club. Oooh, flares, party 7, generation game, coats for goalposts, sandshoes, etc. Nice to bathe in the soupy warmth of nostalgia for a (politcally incorrect) second. I'm off to buy a 99...
#15August 21st, 2008 · 04:35 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
aight last review for you for now, .

Yeah the guitar is really sarcastic and saucy, and most of the vocals are done in a tone that is fitting. really great section ~1:30 and after with the funky sound you're getting out of your guitar, laying over those backup-vocals and a really slick lead lick that was so smooth it could break glass. Fuckin' awesome man. You're my hero of the week and this song goes into my playlist. Aieee!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 8:06 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.