#1April 6th, 2007 · 05:20 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Lost Love

This song is not in a battle

I was playing around with some chords that seem to fit. It was an almighty challenge for me to create the melody as it's got diminished augmented and other chords you don't normally play. There are a few timing issues, didn't use a click track, find it puts me off the feel, a couple of bum notes, please be gentle this song pushed my boundaries to the edge

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 6th, 2007 · 05:42 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
This is GREAT!
Excellent piece of music.
Shame that is so noisy - if you need some help with that - let me know.
Loved the composition, and you should keep on pusing yourself to the limits like that some more, haha.
Jim
#3April 6th, 2007 · 08:38 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
What do you mean please be gentle? As in don't bounce you around and throw you in the air cheering! 
I think this is beautiful piece of music.
#4April 7th, 2007 · 12:42 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
great stuff. amazing guitar style. just a bit of hiss to fix.

Ian
#5April 7th, 2007 · 01:03 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Denis what are you talking about man!
This is awesome!(Little hiss going on but wow)
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      
CD anytime soon?
Im bying it
#6April 7th, 2007 · 03:26 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
To Jpm,Kings,SirBoris.marinio
Thanx very much all. you have all made me feel very happy

As with the hiss, I've got a Yamaha AW16G Digital workstation. I've been on certain forums and the best information I have got, is that this unit has a crap Preamp. Some have used a mixer to rectify, which I dont have. When I record my acoustic guitar, I use three mics, a condenser in the center, and standard mics above the bridge and half way down the neck.

I've tried several settings, changed my leads, but makes no difference. I could reduce the gain, but it would effect the overall quality.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Denis
#7April 7th, 2007 · 05:49 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
would love to hear JBPs soft voice to this wonderful tune
#8April 7th, 2007 · 05:57 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
would love to hear JBPs soft voice to this wonderful tune
#9October 7th, 2010 · 03:21 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
In which does this remind me ??  Tango ???? Fado???? Gipsy-Jazz???        Dunno.......
A very romantic and melancolic mood .
It is a bit noisy in the background ,ain´t it ? Just an early recoring .  It´s interresting to see , how the recording quality becomes better and better over the years. 
Nevertheless it´s a fine work
                U . L . I .
#10October 7th, 2010 · 04:15 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
In which does this remind me ??  Tango ???? Fado???? Gipsy-Jazz???        Dunno.......
It is a bit noisy in the background ,ain�t it ? Just an early recoring .  It�s interresting to see , how the recording quality becomes better and better over the years. 
Nevertheless it�s a fine work
                U . L . I .

I really must re-record this little number.. Yeah ULI one of the first recordings on the AW16, the preamps are s**t, your AW1600 has much better quality ones..., but yeah I've learned how to get better recordings.
I might trade in my AW16 for AW1600??
#11October 7th, 2010 · 04:34 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Denis wrote…
ULI wrote…
It is a bit noisy in the background ,ain�t it ? Just an early recoring .  It�s interresting to see , how the recording quality becomes better and better over the years. 
Nevertheless it�s a fine work
                U . L . I .

I really must re-record this little number.. Yeah ULI one of the first recordings on the AW16, the preamps are s**t, your AW1600 has much better quality ones..., but yeah I've learned how to get better recordings.
I might trade in my AW16 for AW1600??
If ya find one (ebay or so) try to get an AW 2400.
You can record in 24 bits on 12 tracks or 16 bits on 24 tracks .. And it shall be better computer compatible( ???)
It´s a rare machine
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 11:17 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.