#1March 28th, 2007 · 03:13 PM
39 threads / 38 songs
131 posts
Netherlands
Sadness (finally done!)
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 15 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-04

Hey guys . I'm glad to send you the finished version of Sadness, it is finally done, well with the equipment I have now, perhaps I want to record it in a real studio once. I hope you guys like it, and comments are VERY welcome

Greetings

RazoR

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 28th, 2007 · 03:37 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Lovely, I havent heard the unfinished versions so I can't compare....I will say I really enjoy listening to your voice, lots of passion and pain at times in the song when needed.....Personally I would of loved to hear and crying guitar throughout this piece.....time the outro would approach full on guitar assault...I guess thats why Im a guitar player eh? lol Good job, congrats on finishing your tune...
#3March 28th, 2007 · 03:51 PM
39 threads / 38 songs
131 posts
Netherlands
Thanks man .

Yeah I liked the idea to have guitar in it.. but I have to send it soon, to the "Rockacademie", they are going to look if I'm good enough to study there. I have performed this song live lately, and in the live version there was acoustic guitar, and distorted guitar during the "Breaking" part. Also there was a guitar solo in it, which is now replaced by a piano solo of my own.

But perhaps when i'm recording it in a real studio there will be guitar in it .

But anyways, thanks a lot,

And cya

RazoR
#4March 28th, 2007 · 09:38 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
wow, yeah this is great. i likes the unfinished ones to , but this is priceless. i love your vox, always have. very peacfull in a weired kind of way lol. the top of the point around 1:20 got kinda fuzzzy but im glad you pushed your vox there, it gave it great emotion. the music it self is beautiful. man, very talented guy. deffinitly will vote for this
#5March 29th, 2007 · 07:07 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
really good stuff.

The flute and the strings that come into it are very nice and add lots of power. Great voice, good use of harmonies there too.

The lyrics are a little straight forward and simple but that's obviously from language issues, what you sang was very nice good stuff.

Nice piano and good sound for drums aswell. awesome emotion aswell, rate this one high.
#6March 29th, 2007 · 12:26 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
to me the intro too long. just play only the half of it.
if you go into a studio then practice your voice a bit esp. in the stronger parts (these parts: "I dooont knoow" and "breaking now")
I have the feeling you are not standing right behind the lyrics and just singing from top to bottom, just to sing a song. there is not much mood in your voice, although you have a good voice.
I dont like the piano dingles at 4:14. perhaps this solo part could be changed with a synthesizer sound.
And you should use a real drummer.
The recording quality is homemade
The composition itself is great and I want to encourage you to record this song in a pro studio.
I like it and I really want to hear what you have done

listened to it for the 3rd time now
#7March 29th, 2007 · 01:32 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
very well done
Yes it is very well done!

I think you are well on your way with your vocals, but there's ofcourse room for improvement when it comes to "emote" more strongly, and I don't mean by doing the throat-forcing thing (which you do well!) but like TK says, to stand more strongly behind your vocals, at ALL moments in the song, without overdoing it.

Great arrangement! I liked the flute-like solo a lot. I think the piano dingles (as TK put it), may not be "tight" enough, timing wise, to come off as strong as it can be, but the idea is good IMO. All in all the mix is real good - except the drum sounds!!, they don't sound as inspired as they could and SHOULD be!

But all that said this is good piece of music, I can only imagine what it would sound like if it's done "pro"!
#8March 29th, 2007 · 10:53 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Yea Razor this is cool
I remember this song
Wow bro what a difference.I think that this song has lots of potential.
There's a couple of things I would work on vox wise and drum wise(for a big production)but other than few minor adjustments this song is beautiful ,well arranged and plainly well done .Big vote Razor
hadn't seen you for a while
Glad to see you back!
#9March 30th, 2007 · 03:38 AM
39 threads / 38 songs
131 posts
Netherlands
Thanx a lot for all the replies!

I know the recording is not very well, especially the drum sounds indeed, but yeah I should fix that by recording it in a real studio, with a real drummer. The vocals need some work too.

Well I hope I will be able to record it in a real studio once,

And I'm glad that you guys like the composition.

Greetings

RazoR
#10April 2nd, 2007 · 04:06 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
OMG
Kick ass!

Love the piano!

Love the way it all comes together!

Love the way it tears apart your heart and feeds it to the dog!
(Too far? Maybe so, it has a lovely high emotion)

Great song!

High vote!

Cheers

WB
#11April 2nd, 2007 · 07:34 AM
66 threads / 66 songs
153 posts
Italy
very nice song and voice: like it! jack
#12April 2nd, 2007 · 09:48 AM
3 threads / 1 songs
9 posts
United Kingdom
cool song
the piano intro sounds kinda evanescance- ish. The lyrics and vocals are very good and creepy
#13April 2nd, 2007 · 10:19 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Great song from you Razor - tons of passion in the vocals, which I like
I also like the instrumental sound blending (choice of instrument sounds), and I think the mix is about there.
There's nearly always room for improvement - but this is pretty close to how I'd like to hear a final studio version.
I enjoyed it
#14April 2nd, 2007 · 10:55 AM
39 threads / 38 songs
131 posts
Netherlands
Thanks for all the replies

Glad you like it, these wonderful replies encourage me to keep making music

Thanks for that.

And vote please if you like it! (or if you dislike it)

Greetings

RazoR
#15April 2nd, 2007 · 11:28 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Ok Steven..been waiting to hear the final cut to this...Its sounding pretty damn good so far...Like the rough vocals at the 1:24_3:02_4:40  give or take...nice instrumentation...well mixed...nice piano....
I think I need to make room on the play list for this one
well done Raz

Gets a good rating

I Like this one a lot

Flyer
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 8:30 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.