#1August 29th, 2017 · 09:22 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
4 posts
Australia
Blend
Hey guys,

Rapper/Songwriter from Melbourne Australia here. Have a listen to my new single 'Blend' below when you can. What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 30th, 2017 · 02:05 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I like your style - Think you should try singing this in a higher key, it will give your vox more energy

If you want your Youtube vids to show here on the Amp just insert the codes EAoWrwgdxE in between the YouTube tab which you can access top right of window - like this:

#3September 1st, 2017 · 06:51 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
4 posts
Australia
Ok thanks Denis, that was about as high as i could go, need to to practice on that.

I was trying to work out how that youtube tagged worked, cheers for that.
#4September 22nd, 2017 · 05:14 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
blend
Nice.
I like the beats. Cool lyrics, and style. The delivery is good, and the bass is excellent. As a listener I really like it.

If I could get my hands on the song and mix it, I'd do a few things to pump it up. I'd deepen  up the kick and lengthen it slightly. Slam it into a good compressor plugin, to get it pumpin. Ad a little bite to the snare leave it about where it's at.

I love the way you added in a new element with the guitars at around 1:20 or something like that. imho even more of that could be done, add in some background vocals the next turn after the guitars. Keep building the tune up.
Rap music is all about timing, the pro engineers make sure every aspect of it is in perfect alignment. They spend hours, if not days making sure every drum hit and vocal word is right where it is supposed to be. So I would spend some time tweaking out the vocals a bit, with tuning and alignment if and where it's needed.  
What would really make it come together though is it feels really static. Some volume, pan, and fx automation would really bring this song alive.

Good job overall, Nice beats, good vocal delivery, it was able to capture my attention. That's always a good thing.
#5September 23rd, 2017 · 05:31 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Blend
Deeks wrote…
Hey guys,

Rapper/Songwriter from Melbourne Australia here. Have a listen to my new single 'Blend' below when you can. What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

nice one!!
Please put more up on bandamp!
#6September 24th, 2017 · 01:12 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
oh yeah and welcome to the amp..

please don't take my critique as being harsh. I really do like the song, and that's what counts the most.  Sometimes I hear a real good song, and my mind goes into what would I do if I was the producer on this song. lol  Please post up some more songs. I'll give them a listen for sure.
#7September 29th, 2017 · 10:23 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
And hi Deeks, welcome,

Nice job! Not something I would regularly listen to but that's a matter of taste. I do recognize it's quality for sure!

I do wish to ask you to upload your songs in the "regular" BandAMP way. Meaning, using the Audio upload tool from your "music" tab on your artist page, and then you can always embed a video like Denis showed.

Anyways, stick around!
#8November 8th, 2017 · 06:26 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
4 posts
Australia
Bit of a late reply but thanks for the feedback toastedgoat. I'm not really great with the production side of things and usually leave it to my mate as he knows more about it but i'll keep what you said in mind.

Ok thanks PuppetXeno, i will do that.

Cheers guys.
#9February 14th, 2018 · 01:11 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
8 posts
Costa Rica
Pretty dope bro
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 10:14 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.