1 2

#1March 22nd, 2007 · 05:29 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
So Sorry

This song is not in a battle

I began with the acoustic guitar a few months ago, and finally got around to adding some lyrics to it. The spooky thing about this track is that in the lyrics there is a line about a text message and I actually got one while I was recording the song. I have thought about adding more lyrics to the tune, but I feel it may be too long, although at the moment I think it's too short. Hoping for some compromise and some comments from you please.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 22nd, 2007 · 06:23 PM
12 threads / 12 songs
37 posts
Latvia
I began with the acoustic guitar a few months ago,
===============================

The beginning seems to be really successful
#3March 22nd, 2007 · 06:27 PM
12 threads / 12 songs
37 posts
Latvia
It reminds me something like Pink Floyd in some way.
#4March 22nd, 2007 · 08:01 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Hey Dennis
Sounds pretty flowing.Maybe doing some entended instrumentals betwen the vox changes might help extend the song.But it does sound good to me.Great writting skills
Voted!
#5March 23rd, 2007 · 03:03 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Pink Floyd
Hiker wrote…
It reminds me something like Pink Floyd in some way.
Thanks for your comment
#6March 23rd, 2007 · 03:10 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
Hey Dennis
Sounds pretty flowing.Maybe doing some entended instrumentals betwen the vox changes might help extend the song.But it does sound good to me.Great writting skills
Voted!
Instrumentals is something I haven't thought about. I will try it. I do struggle writing lyrics, perhaps it's the way forward for me, or I should start collaborating?

Thanx for you vote.

Denis
#7March 23rd, 2007 · 04:39 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
wow
great recording quality for the guitar.
did you record your voice while playing guitar? if you did so I would admit you to try recording vocals to a single track. It CAN sound different.
good composition.

*edit*
the song is not too short
#8March 23rd, 2007 · 05:59 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
So Sad, so good!
Absolutely! This is an excellent song! Really!
I really hope your going to work at it a bit more (refine it)!
I can definitely hear the Floyd influence and funny enough your voice has a Geldof feel to it, same tones but he's Irish.
I would absolutely love to go through your lyrics (collab?) with you / for you!
Though I find "text me" a bit odd it sort of fits.. it's because it's a 'modern' word in a 'classic' song.
I like the idea of an 'all out' instrumental break in there!

Yes I do think this is an excellent 'classic' song!
#9March 23rd, 2007 · 06:29 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
wow
great recording quality for the guitar.
did you record your voice while playing guitar? if you did so I would admit you to try recording vocals to a single track. It CAN sound different.
good composition.

*edit*
the song is not too short
Funnily enough I recorded the vocal track separately, I normally record the vocals and the acoustic guitar together.
Thanx for your nice comments

Denis
#10March 23rd, 2007 · 06:33 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: So Sad, so good!
kings wrote…
Absolutely! This is an excellent song! Really!
I really hope your going to work at it a bit more (refine it)!
I can definitely hear the Floyd influence and funny enough your voice has a Geldof feel to it, same tones but he's Irish.
I would absolutely love to go through your lyrics (collab?) with you / for you!
Though I find "text me" a bit odd it sort of fits.. it's because it's a 'modern' word in a 'classic' song.
I like the idea of an 'all out' instrumental break in there!

Yes I do think this is an excellent 'classic' song!

I was hoping somebody would approach me to collaborate, it's better coming from you as I feel you would have more passion Etc. Please contact me.
Thanx.

Denis
#11March 23rd, 2007 · 07:10 AM
66 threads / 66 songs
153 posts
Italy
very nice ballad. Pink Floyd "mood" present in the melody.
#12March 23rd, 2007 · 07:35 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
jackcat wrote…
very nice ballad. Pink Floyd "mood" present in the melody.

Thanx

Denis
#13March 23rd, 2007 · 08:03 AM
12 threads / 10 songs
65 posts
Germany
very nice
I enjoyed it thoroughly. The Pink Floydish-ness is very palpable though.  Don't know if that was intentional. Nicely played and performed. Good work!
#14March 23rd, 2007 · 11:43 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: very nice
TomFool wrote…
I enjoyed it thoroughly. The Pink Floydish-ness is very palatable though.  Don't know if that was intentional. Nicely played and performed. Good work!

It was not intentional to sound like Pink Floyd, but when I was creating it some of the chord changes it did feel like Floyd.  I think this happens a lot in all music creations.
Thanks for your comments.

Denis
#15August 18th, 2007 · 08:39 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
O passion I would have !!! Definitely for your work, because you put so much of your own in, there's loads more room for more!! lol
I am literally listening to your stuff 'all day', now I'm here , the thought occurred to me, it's like you've been inspired by one line in one Floyd song and you've stretched  it out into your own song/space/emotion !
What I believe true inspiration is about, not nicking a bass line and sampling it for money in the charts but taking a moment from such a mystical thing as a song and 'opening' it up into a 'new' room/song, a bit like 'how it all works' anyway, as above so below and all that, sparks of energy bursting out to collide with bursts of energy etc etc....any road..I'd still love to do some thing with you on this one , but then I could say that for most of your stuff.   
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 7:38 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.