#1March 16th, 2007 · 07:59 PM
16 threads / 15 songs
44 posts
United States of America
Homocide No. 1

This song is not in a battle

This is my attempt at writing a more narrative, story-driven song as opposed to just complaining about random things lol

Lyrics:
Car fumes and upholstry, thriving on apathy, driving to Godknowswhere. Going to Oregon, to California. Gonna see What's-His-Name -- I don't care. Do you really care?

White sheets make misery. Driving us blissfully back to where? Saunters like death and cold, talking of marigolds, saying, "Get out of here."

"Go away"

Coffee and cigarettes, filtering life like this, with orange and fiberglass. Singing for nobodies, berets and guitar strings, hipsters and junkies, fast.

This one is old and wise, talking through big blue eyes, singing in one-two-threes.

Blue Eyes: "Well life's not free. Hell, you can take it from me. I don't need it anyway."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

Shots from above and around and the ground is red with the blood of another. Children are screaming, Blue Eyes is bleeding, it's black and white, film-noir. Spilling coffee, running mothers, Blue Eyes grabs and holds me down. It's like a book. I think Kerouac is writing in my head. It's like a movie. It can't be real. Blue Eyes can't be dead!

And he's not.

Hold me down, whisper in, tell me everything you want to tell. Hold me close, tell it fast, before your last breath is gone.

He says, "I found the secret, I want you to know. Look for blood and marigolds!"

I see empty, I see blood and marigolds.
I see full, I see blood and marigolds.
I see beauty, I see blood and marigolds.
I see trash, I see blood and marigolds.
I see pain, I see blood and marigolds.
I see bliss, I see blood and marigolds.
I see convicts, I see blood and marigolds.
I see saints, I see blood and marigolds.
I see Heaven, I see blood and marigolds.
I see Hell, I see blood and marigolds.
I see life, I see blood and marigolds.
I see death, I see blood and marigolds.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 16th, 2007 · 09:18 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Very painful EQ...almost impossible to listen to.
#3March 16th, 2007 · 10:38 PM
16 threads / 15 songs
44 posts
United States of America
i actually agree lol especially on the acoustic part. my amp was flipping out when i was recording it.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:04 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.