#1March 11th, 2007 · 11:38 PM
11 threads / 11 songs
73 posts
Canada
Stars

This song is not in a battle

I actually think I pulled of a reasonable solo on this, starting around 1:55. I was thinking of Sonny Sharock. Hope you enjoy!

Jeff

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 12th, 2007 · 02:21 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Very nice.

The keys really add a lot to the feel of this one. And that constant kick in the background.

Vox around 1:45 sound perfect.

Solo guitar might be a bit loud, but other than that, sounds great.

You pulled off a nice one here. Sounds to me like it belongs on a soundtrack. The opening reminded me of the Little Miss Sunshine soundtrack.

One for the playlist I'm thinking.
#3March 12th, 2007 · 08:00 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
It reminds me of Radio Head but a bit lighter.I agree with Taka solo is bit loud compared to the mix but great song
#4March 12th, 2007 · 08:08 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
#5March 12th, 2007 · 08:09 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
#6March 12th, 2007 · 04:46 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I like your tune, it's a bit overly simple sometimes, but I do get into it. You're further than I am where song making is concerned and I respect that.
But your vocal has just stripped the paint off my speakers!
You can hold a note really well, but your search for the right note while there's sound coming out of your mouth is a trip to the dentist! lol
Why don't you 'play with the pitch' while you hold a note, do it in the bathroom, in the kitchen do it any where you feel you want to, let them listen! but then give them something to listen too. Make sounds, sing, hold notes, as long as you do it with all your 'intentions' at 'finding your voice', then you will!  

Edit : Marino : It is slow! but you shouldn't keep on hitting the 'post' button irritably! 
#7March 12th, 2007 · 04:53 PM
16 threads / 15 songs
44 posts
United States of America
hmm I liked everything up to the solo. I thought it sounded very cool, music reminded me of Broken Social Scene. I loved the vocals, they reminded me of Avey Tare from Animal Collective (my favorite band!).

I really don't think the solo fit at all with this though. It just sort of killed the mood for me. Maybe without the distortion on the guitar or something?
#8March 14th, 2007 · 05:58 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Yeah the song works well but it was the comment that cracked me up .

"You can hold a note really well, but your search for the right note while there's sound coming out of your mouth is a trip to the dentist! lol"
Not known for his sublty our Kings , but  he may have a point cause I    2 have suffered from where the *&$# is that note

It's a style thing.

Liked  the tone on guitars .
Has a nice cruising pulse and the keys are well placed too.
Overall a great showing

#9March 14th, 2007 · 07:29 PM
11 threads / 11 songs
73 posts
Canada
Thanks!
Thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to book an appointment with my dentist ;-)
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 8th, 2024 · 3:49 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.