1 2
#16March 14th, 2007 · 01:29 AM
11 threads / 11 songs
73 posts
Canada
7:10!
This is your best one yet, for me anyway. The stereo effects totally work. It's a pleasure for to really hear your voice on this one, and the repetition of similar elements at different pitches and different locations is really interesting and inventive. And a bunch of different moods over the whole 7+ minutes. Me I like 2:24 the best. The guitar solo surprised me...you got some speed there...me, I'd have to record at slow speed and then adjust tempo in Live!

Great invention! I'm going to think how I can use the repetition/pitch motif.

Jeff
#17March 14th, 2007 · 08:40 AM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
Thats a nice pumping bass (on bass guitar), bit too boomy at points on the kick after 1:20. This definitley needs a remix in my opinion of levels. . I suppose you could keep the kick more slap that bass and possible side the chain the bass with the kick so it gives it a boom on those hits. By having a slap kick (specially at points like solo at the end of four minutes) might help keep up pace. Though at times like 2:45 the kick works.

Not too sure on snare level.

Great guitar tones though.
Nice tracking and stereo effect, gives it those dynamics.
Your double tracking works wonders, specially at the end.

This is truly an amazing piece. I hope you appreciate you may have made me inadvertently late for college!
I best be going!

See you later bandampers ( I know I haven't been around recently )
#18March 14th, 2007 · 11:27 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Nice
Very Nice work Tak

Flyer
#19March 14th, 2007 · 12:20 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
aar0j - Thanks for the comments. I never thought about changing the kick. I agree.

toastedgoat - yep, it was all done by me. This song has been in my head for about the last two weeks but I never had time to record it until just a few days ago. Glad you liked it.

Jefferson - The solo (at 4:30) is actually a mandolin. I was really happy with how it came out. Usually when I improvise a solo I have to do it over a few times, but this one was actually the first take.
#20March 15th, 2007 · 12:02 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
33 posts
Canada
Wow, another incredible song. That's really all I have to say.
#21February 13th, 2008 · 06:01 AM
20 posts
United States of America
Have to say again
I've listened to this a few times again recently and I still love it, a classic.
Eric
#22August 28th, 2008 · 04:23 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I LOVE THIS SONG!! 100%.

This is just pure gold here. Im gonna go check out your other stuff when this song is done.
Its just so awesome that you can sit down and record something like this.
You are super talented

This reminds me of those people who did the song "Stay here tonight cause tomorrow ill be gone" or whatever.
Totally great stuff!
WOW violin!?!?!? holy crap you got it all. (im reviewing while listening to the song).
lol this is freaking awesome.
is it just you doing all this stuff? and singing? your voice is amazing!
#23July 5th, 2017 · 05:53 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
In honor of it being like 10 years since this song was released, I'd like to give it a bump.

I still think about this song weekly and listen to it all the time, along with most of your stuff Ben. Thanks for the many years of excellent music.
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 4:44 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.