#1March 10th, 2007 · 05:24 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Tell-a-Tale-or-Two

This song is not in a battle

I recorded this around two years ago on a portable multitrack cassette recorder. The previous night I recorded it, myself and a few work colleges went out for a meal and a few laughs. I'm lucky in that I work for a small company and we all get on. We had a great laugh that night. I've been meaning to take all the good parts out of the tune and make it into a proper song. I personally find it hard to put a song together over a long period, I generally record a whole song over a day. I think It's to do with the feel. I would love to hear some constructive criticism, so I can get the inspiration to do it again.
I hope you like it.
Denis

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 10th, 2007 · 06:06 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I like your Guitar work a lot, you've got a beautiful thing going on.
But I think you could sit down and write some lyrics to do this beautiful tune justice, know what I mean matey?
I'm sure a night out with your mates inspires you a little bit more than these repeated lines.

'Tell a tale or two' is a beautiful base to build on lyrically, at the moment it sounds like you've got a few bricks and laid them out on the ground in front of you! lol
#3March 10th, 2007 · 08:47 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Cool song. I like your style. The soloing is really good.

Like kings said, this does deserve some nice lyrics, not that these lyrics don't work, and not that I'm an expert on lyrics or anything... I just think you could expand a bit for a song of this length.

Other than that, I have nothing.

Nice work.
#4March 11th, 2007 · 08:41 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Yep I agree with the guys you have some good hooks.But I would rework some parts.Try to keep the message it sounds like you enjoyed there friendshipGreat guitar work.
#5March 11th, 2007 · 01:25 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
I like your Guitar work a lot, you've got a beautiful thing going on.
But I think you could sit down and write some lyrics to do this beautiful tune justice, know what I mean matey?
I'm sure a night out with your mates inspires you a little bit more than these repeated lines.

'Tell a tale or two' is a beautiful base to build on lyrically, at the moment it sounds like you've got a few bricks and laid them out on the ground in front of you! lol

You are absolutely right, I need to put my mind, if not my heart & soul into it.  The main problem I have is finding the time, the time I do have, I normally spend creating new material.
I will try to build on it, if not I think the best way forward is to collaborate with musicians like yourself.
Thanx for your honest advice.
Best wishes.
Denis
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 1:15 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.