#1March 6th, 2007 · 05:51 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Rackdaemon w/vox sample

This song is not in a battle

Here is a sample of some Vox on it...  I just used a small section of part two... Which you may find here: http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/4451.html

Hope you like it.... 

JimK

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 6th, 2007 · 07:14 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
cool vox kinda Rob Zombie sounding.  like the cool use of the effects on your voice. you did a good job on this.
#3March 7th, 2007 · 01:22 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
25 posts
United States of America
Thanks alot for the post.  Great job!  Interesting effects, and with the melody you use it gives it a eastern vibe.  I was sort of looking for something a little more aggressive for this tune, however.  Thanks again for the response.
#4March 7th, 2007 · 04:47 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I love this , sort of! The track is excellent, if anything it sounds better after being in your hands Jim,
I LOVE what you've done with the vocal and how you've done it, but without being too blatant, have you heard of ANTARES AUTOTUNE vstPlugin! 
#5March 7th, 2007 · 04:49 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
kings wrote…
I love this , sort of! The track is excellent, if anything it sounds better after being in your hands Jim,
I love what you've done with the vocal and how you've done it, but without being too blatant, have you heard of ANTARES AUTOTUNE vstPlugin!  :D
#6March 7th, 2007 · 04:52 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
cool idea
kings wrote…
I love what you've done with the vocal and how you've done it, but without being too blatant, have you heard of ANTARES AUTOTUNE vstPlugin!  :D

that's cheating.... I know the pros use em I even know that they have autotune that runs realtime for live  gigs..........but that is still cheating ......................................
...........................................................................................................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................where can you get that plug in?  lol
#7March 7th, 2007 · 05:07 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I used to have one hanging around on an old CD Rom here somewhere, If you really want it I can fish it out.
I know it's cheating but in this case I could look the other way, Jim's not selling himself on stage, neither is he looking for a record deal, hes putting his heart and soul into creating the beauty that he sees and hears, just for us!
And I think that's totally amazing, the time/effort you guys put into these collabs (you included toasty!)
I'd just LOVE to hear this done in tune !
#8March 7th, 2007 · 05:27 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
sounds cool! - and I agree with the Rob Zombie comparison.  This song might also sound good with a screaming treatment - or maybe it's called grunting - or - geez - I'm just not up on current thrasher terminology...anyways....I'm liking what you've done Jim....and - I don't think it would hurt to try kings suggestion...maybe he can send me that plug-in too!
#9March 8th, 2007 · 08:19 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Now if you were to use it spoon, that would be cheating!!!

Funny how, these things go,
I did fish it out, I do have Anteres Auto tune 1.3 , the latest downloadable AutoTune is v5, so its old. but does the job believe me! 

If you know the address to my 'downloads' page on kingsone site you can go and pick it up, otherwise PM me. I still want to write a password into the page so PM me any ways.

Shit Jim, I love the effect you put on the vocal and the music track, it's so sharp. I love it, it's teeth gritting!
'I was wondering what it is?' lol.
 How did you do it?
#10March 8th, 2007 · 08:42 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
vocal effects
yeah me too I would have tried to use that effect ( rob zombie thing) if I knew what it was.........

Kings.....................................................I was joking about the cheating thing.   Kind of like ohh I wouldn't be caught using that..... but tell me where to get anyway . lol   

anyway ...again good job on this one Jim.
#11March 8th, 2007 · 11:03 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
ok...
The effects on the vocals are actually a combination of many.. I am using Cool Edit pro, and using the effects built in... So, Your results may vary... 

First after filtering alot of the real high and real lows out... I put a "rich Chorus" delay effect, this takes the track, and multiplies it by 4 and pitch shifts one up and one down..so it makes it very full and rich sounding, then I added another delay effect to the track, called 5 voices (pro).. This is kind of self explanitory.. It really just thickens it up a bit... Then a touch of Reverb, using the "Nice Presence" preset... An that is it....

I hope this has been helpful...

And P.S. I want that plug-in..

JimK
#12March 8th, 2007 · 05:40 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
OK! Sorted, anybody want that Plugin send me a PM for the address and password. 

Yes Jim understanding effects and how to get everything sounding just right is an art. And I think you do a damn good job of it!
#13March 8th, 2007 · 07:39 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Rock on Jim
Cool Efx!!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:20 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.