#1March 4th, 2007 · 01:06 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Piano Concerto in A Minor-Movement 2

This song is not in a battle

"Piano Concert in A minor-Movement 2"
Now, this is in E minor (the dominant of A minor), I think I can do that. It's also in 3/4 time, ternary form, and neo-classical. I took into account the flaws in movement 1, and, however different this piece may be, applied them how I thought best suited. There's 1 movement to come, a faster one in rondo form, but I haven't gotten around to starting yet.
I think this'll carry on to different themes a little better, having no modulations, and mainly sticking around the 1 chord. Also, hope for that fact that it doesn't get too repetitive or boring.

Cheers

WB

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 5th, 2007 · 10:45 AM
13 threads / 12 songs
75 posts
United States of America
re: Piano Concerto in A Minor-Movement 2
WritersBlock wrote…
"Piano Concert in A minor-Movement 2"
Now, this is in E minor (the dominant of A minor), I think I can do that. It's also in 3/4 time, ternary form, and neo-classical. I took into account the flaws in movement 1, and, however different this piece may be, applied them how I thought best suited. There's 1 movement to come, a faster one in rondo form, but I haven't gotten around to starting yet.
I think this'll carry on to different themes a little better, having no modulations, and mainly sticking around the 1 chord. Also, hope for that fact that it doesn't get too repetitive or boring.

Cheers

WB
I want to know something.
What is your goal for this movement?
You say that you hope it doesn't get too repetitive or boring. Why do you want it to be boring at all?
#3March 7th, 2007 · 06:33 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
I think it would create a more interesting sound if you used various instruments for the layers...instead of all synth sounds..try using some strings and horns....I think that would add some nice dimension to this
#4March 8th, 2007 · 02:47 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Baverbach: I don't want my audience to fall asleep, and also, I want to create a mood with this. Also, I established quite a peculiar rhythm in the second section, so I had a kind of rhythmic dissonance, and tried to get a little jazz influence into it, not too much, just a little.

Spoon: Some of these instruments are meant to sound like horns and strings!!! Lol, these were the best I could find, I'm not overly happy with them, as you said, very synthesized. But then again, it's just a FL studio track, so the samples aren't going to be legendary... maybe I'll have a look and sort the third one out to sound better.

Cheers for the comments

WB
#5March 8th, 2007 · 02:56 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
hhmm cool
yeah can't over analeyes things lol.  you have to work with what you have so I think your doing a good job. you will get a lot better after more practice and more school/music study.. By the way what books are they using for the classical music studies ?  when i went (way back when  reptiles stilled ruled) we used the Norton Scores  do they still use that.. Thing weighed a freakin ton.  about 6" to 8" thick.  Got a neck injury from the back pack lol

just kidding they didn't have back packs back then.

ok I think your doing fine just keep on like you are.
#6March 8th, 2007 · 03:06 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Thanks Goat
I've never heard of the Norton Scores, we don't really read from textbooks too often, it's mainly scores, printed out notes (some from wikipedia), the books we do use are about the history of music, they're pretty thick, but thank God we don't have to carry it around in our bags. The Chemistry and Physics books are thick enough as it is, but our school has come about a catch up with the rest of the world in installing lockers =P.

Cheers goat

WB
#7March 8th, 2007 · 03:19 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Norton Scores
Basically a big book that is filled with a crap load of  scores (music notations) that accompanies a cd set and a couple of other books.  I have lost mine (maybe my brother still has his)

way newer version than the one I had lol
http://www.amazon.com/Norton-Scores-Anthology-Gregorian-Beethoven/dp/0393979458
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 5:40 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.