#1May 28th, 2005 · 01:00 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
4 posts
United States of America
Ellenore
Score: 74.2%
Battle: 2005-06

The guitar is used sparingly, but i think it works. certainly not for everybody, but i think it's a great song. The levels definately need to be tweaked, and certain frequencies are most-DEFINATELY lost during mix-down. but let me know what you think

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 29th, 2005 · 04:03 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
4 posts
United States of America
I'm really looking for constructive criticism. i'm here to expand myself anyway i possibly can, through others criticism. if you give me a bad score, please tell me why. i'll gladly take myself from the "battle" if thats getting me down-ratings. just ask me too, gladly.  thats not why i'm here... geeze.
#3May 30th, 2005 · 05:51 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
113 posts
Bangladesh
Some pretty sweet production work here man. Depending on what sort of style you want to go for I think you need to work on the snare drum sound. ie. if you want to go ultra 80s crank up the reverb some more, if not, try tweaking the tone a little. Its the only thing that is letting this awesome song down. Great how youve used the guitar sparingly as you put it.

Great work man, love it.
#4May 30th, 2005 · 08:38 PM
14 threads / 12 songs
177 posts
United States of America
Excellent. Kind of reminds me of those 80's groups Big Country, U2, OMD, etc. This song sounds especially good up LOUD. I cranked it through my studio gear. Didn't care for the choice of drum sounds, but programmed very well. You are very talented. Expecting to hear more!
#5May 31st, 2005 · 05:07 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
29 posts
United States of America
I like the way it creeps up on you in an almost spooky manor.  Not sure what to expect but when the vocals come it is like you expected them.  Good production man.
#6June 1st, 2005 · 12:25 AM
25 threads / 23 songs
127 posts
United States of America
very good mate!, as chauvette said, the drums are their, I would a had a more industrial approach, but sounds great, time is the best teacher, so keep it up man, you are on the right path
#7June 4th, 2005 · 07:28 AM
18 threads / 15 songs
147 posts
Italy
Great song... this is the genre I like and play. I like everything in this tune, the dark attitude, the sound (early The Cure), the vocals etc. Maybe a bit too long for my standards, but it's a very good production.
#8June 9th, 2005 · 02:13 AM
9 threads / 4 songs
26 posts
Canada
i like the vocals, definitely solid with the effects, as far as the rest of the song goes, yeah i would just work on fattening up the drum sound, good shit man.
Have you ever heard of "drum kit from hell"?
#9June 13th, 2005 · 05:10 AM
1 threads
18 posts
Italy
very cool!
#10June 13th, 2005 · 08:31 AM
2 threads
18 posts
United States of America
I can't think of any more to add. Good job. Keep it up.
#11June 14th, 2005 · 09:43 PM
3 threads / 1 songs
94 posts
United States of America
Sounds somewhat like a mix between Nine Inch Nales, Marylin Manson, and the Cure to me.  I like it!  Your production sounds great to me.
#12June 22nd, 2005 · 06:01 PM
8 threads / 3 songs
102 posts
United Kingdom
You undersell yourself somewhat in your own description... This is some good stuff... I love the way those reverse cybals push you in and pull you  out of the track... Agree, the rest of the drums could use fattening, thats the only part of the song that needs help, i'm also still looking for the right drum program...

Keep it up!
#13June 26th, 2005 · 10:47 AM
13 posts
Canada
Right on.  I love gothy stuff.  The ending is really good, almost my favourite part    Once you "fatten" up the sound, as many people have suggested, you should take it to some goth clubs in your area.  If the DJ likes it, he'll play it.  I dunno how it is where you are, but the clubs I go to are very open to new stuff.  Especially good quality indie bands.  Keep it coming, I wanna hear more.
#14January 2nd, 2006 · 04:48 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yes, very interesting. not as agressive sounding as what it appears to be trying - then again, that makes it more original. Seems like a lot of contemporary goth bands all sound the same. Though I must say it sounds a hell of a lot like early Xymox (in '87 or so).

let's hear more of you...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 8:20 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.